- Hi Blue Honey, can you guys tell me a little bit about yourselves, before you became a country duo?
- How did you guys become a duo and how did you guys come up with your group name?
- Troy and I each had our own band and met in Nashville, playing at lot of the same venues. People told us we should meet, that they thought we’d get along. So then we started dating (now married). My band got picked up by Tyler Farr and I needed a new band, so I started using Troy’s. The more shows we played together, people seemed to really respond to us as a duo. So we decided to try it and it’s been amazing. Wish we’d met sooner!
We were on a road trip, on the way to a gig..somewhere. And it kind of just popped in our heads. We were trying to think of a name that sounded country and bluesy. Then I googled “blue honey” and saw that blue honey is actually a real thing! And that no other bands had trademarked that name. So we grabbed it! Since then, we’ve had a couple other bands pop up using that name but we own the trademark so we’re trying to get all that worked out.
- Who are some of your guys favorite singers and groups?
This is a tough one because we both like so many different kinds of music. Off the top of my head I’d say Buddy Miller, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, Patty Griffin, Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, Stevie Wonder…I could go on and on!
- Where do you guys see your group in the next 5 to 10 years?
Hopefully still playing music! And loving it just as much as we do now.
- Is there any new things come up with your music for 2017?
In 2017 we’ll be releasing our very first music video and a new EP! Super excited about the single for this video! It’s called “Angels Come Home.” We will preview it on our website and release it to youtube shortly after. Hoping to have that out in March so stay tuned!
- What is one of your guys favorite songs that you ever recorded?
I kind of get little crushes on new songs so right now I’d say “Angels Come Home.” That might be because it’s fresh. But I’m in love with the production (shout out to Nathan Meckel!) And the words, and Troy’s guitar, just everything about it.
- What is one accomplishment that you guys are most proud so far that happen in your music careers?
We recently sang the National Anthem at the Belk Bowl in front of 43,000 people. THAT was amazing.
- If you guys were not musicians what do you think your careers would be?
Something with music still. Maybe on the management side, or engineering. Troy and I both went to school for audio engineering. So we have that in our back pocket just in case haha
- If you guys could do a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, or Eric Clapton
- If you had to give advice to an up and coming singer or group what would you tell them?
Never stop. When people shut the door in your face, prove them wrong.
- What are some of your guys favorite quotes?
“Play as if it’s your last time.” Eric Clapton
“You can fail at something you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance doing what you love.” Jim Carrey