- 2 tablespoons butter (or use olive oil if you wish)
- 4 x 6-ounce salmon fillets (or 170 grams each), with or without skin
- Juice from half an orange (about 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- Kosher salt and ground pepper , to taste
- Half an orange , sliced to serve
Heat butter (or oil) in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat, Add the salmon, skin-side down, and sear on one side for 3-4 minutes. Flip salmon and sear for 2 minutes. Pour in the orange juice and allow to reduce to half the quantity (it takes about 1 minute to reduce down if your pan is hot enough). Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds). Move the salmon to the sides of the pan and add in the honey, soy sauce and garlic; stirring well to combine all of the flavours together. Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (this takes about another 30 seconds to 1 minute), and move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat. Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking.
Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Drizzle with the sauce to serve. Best served over rice, noodles, steamed vegetables or with a salad.
- 500g cob loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g shortcut bacon rashers, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra to serve
- 250g block cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 French stick or baguette, sliced
It’s perfect over steak or for salad etc. ITS SOOO good!
4 Cups Of Cilantro
1 Tsp Of Pesto
1 1/2 Tsp Of Lemon
3 Garlic cloves
1/2 Cup Of Oil
1/3 Cup of fresh Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
Brett’s Kung Pao Chicken
- Marinade: Combine 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil and and mix together. Place 1 lb chicken cut into 1 inch pieces in a bowl and add marinade. Toss.
- Sauce: In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar, 1 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, 1/4 cup of sriracha , 1 tablespoon brown sugar. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until thickens.
- Cook chicken in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear(drain). Throw in two cans of sliced water chestnuts(drained), handful of peanuts, half of one sweet onion diced then pour in sauce and let sit on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice
First Recipe “Spinach and Mushroom Risotto”: https://www.kimesranch.com/blog-posts/2017/8/1/spinach-and-mushroom-risotto
Second Recipe “Slum Gullion”: https://www.kimesranch.com/blog-posts/2017/8/8/slum-gullion
Third Recipe “Fully Loaded Taco Salad”: https://www.kimesranch.com/blog-posts/2017/8/15/fully-loaded-taco-salad
Final Recipe “Blackberry Cobbler”: https://www.kimesranch.com/blog-posts/2017/6/27/blackberry-cobbler