2lbs. frozen hash browns
1 stick melted butter
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 half pt. sour cream
2 cups crushed cornflakes
Defrost potatoes. Mix in large bowl with 1/2 cup of melted butter, salt, pepper, cream of chicken soup, cheese and sour cream. Mix thoroughly. Pour into 3 quart greased casserole dish. Mix 1/2 cup melted butter with 2 cups crushed cornflakes. Cover potato mixture with crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.
Serves 16 🙂
This robust creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes like Buffalo Chicken Wings but without the mess! Serve hot with celery sticks or veggies.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1/2 cup Treasure Cave ® Blue Cheese Crumbles
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE all ingredients and spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish with chopped green onions if desired and serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of wide egg noodles
- 3 packages of au jus gravy mix
- 9 cups of hot water
- 3 medium onions cut into 1/4 or smaller
- 1 1/2 TBS of cornstarch
- Several pounds of sirloin steak tips (usually 3-4 lbs). Trim fat and cut into 1” cubes
In a large stock pot: Combine
- 3 packages of au jus gravy mix and 9 cups of hot water, whisk together until dissolved
- 3 medium onions cut into 1/4 or smaller
- Sirloin steak tips
*Add all ingredients to the stock pot with the gravy mix. Add a few drops of cooking oil and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to low and let this cook for several hours until the meat is tender.
*After the meat is cooked and tender, mix 1 1/2 TBS of cornstarch in a 1/2 cup of water to thicken and slowly stir. If it gets too thick, add more water until the desired thickness is reached.
*In a separate pot, cook wide egg noodles as directed on package until tender.
*You can serve over the noodles or add the noddles to the beef mixture and serve with mashed potatoes.
2 large potatoes
1 small cabbage
1 small can tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. chicken base
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 tsp. thyme
10 c. water
Bring water to a boil and add chicken base. Chop all vegetables and add to water. Fry chopped onion in a little oil; drain and add to water and vegetables. Add seasonings and tomato sauce. Simmer for two hours.
Ashlyn Grayce~ This has always been my family’s favorite meal. It sounds so silly, but to me it is way more than just a meal or a recipe. Tomato pie always means a delicious family dinner and quality time with one another. It even landed a line in my song “601”! Here is the recipe my Dad and I created and plan to keep as a family tradition for years to come.
- Prep time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Cook time:30 – 40 minutes
- Servings:6 or 7
- 1 deep dish baked pie crust
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 medium peeled and sliced ripe tomatoes
- 2 slices fried, crumbled bacon (optional)
- 4 TBS fresh chopped or dried basil
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion quartered, thinly sliced equal to approximately 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (cannot use low fat or fat free)
Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
Bake pie crust according to package directions.
Slice and place single layer of tomatoes on top of wire rack with 3 layers of paper towels, lightly salt and pepper to taste and let sit for 30-40 mins
After tomatoes have sat, place 2 layers of paper towels on top of tomatoes and gently pat down to remove more excess water.
Layer the tomatoes, onions and basil in the crust starting with tomatoes, then onions and basil layering until even with top of pie crust.
In bowl mix cheese, mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and 2 TBS basil and carefully spread mixture over tomatoes bringing down to edge of pie crust to seal.
Bake until bubbly, at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow tomato pie to cool for a few minutes (5 – 10) Serve warm.
Suggested beverage: Sweet Ice Tea
2 ripe avocados
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice or lemon juice
2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of minced red onion or thinly sliced green onion
1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
A dash of freshly grated black pepper
1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
*Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.