Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
2 cans cream of chicken soup4 Tbsp butter2 cups chicken broth2 pounds of chicken1 Tbsp garlic powder1 can of 8 large biscuits Salt and Pepper to taste
Lay chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot. Add in cream of chicken, butter, chicken broth and garlic powder. Mix together. Cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily. Shred chicken and stir. Cook biscuits according to can directions. Cut into quarters and mix into crockpot. Salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Not sure I’m the best cook, but I can make a mean prime rib roast.
1.I preheat the oven at 500 degrees.I basically dump
2. 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a glassware, smother it with butter, layered chopped up garlic, massage it with a hand full of pepper.
3. 3 teaspoons of salt, worchester sauce, then I throw in chopped vegetables (asparagus, carrots and potatoes).
4. I place it in the oven to SEAR for 8-10 minutes uncovered.
5. I then turn the temperature down to 325 degrees and check every 30-35 minutes with a meat temperature until 115-125 degrees which will deliver a medium rare Prime Rib Roast!!
This recipe is one of Paige King Johnson, favorite dessert. It is originally from her hometown church cookbook, from many years ago. She also brings this cake to any family gathering that she attends.
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup vegan choc chips
2 tbs cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
(love to put a little dash of cayenne in there as well to spice it up!)
* preheat oven to 350F
– put black beans in food processor and blend until smooth (I like to do this first to make sure all beans are blended)
– add in peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla – blend again
– put in dry ingredients – cocoa, cinnamon, sea salt (cayenne if you’d like) and blend
– add choc chips and give the processor a little swirl to blend them in (make sure not to over blend the chips)
– put batter in a lightly oiled up brownie pan (I use coconut oil)
– cook for 20-25 mins
* just as a warning – the batter usually does not make it to the oven and I end up eating it raw *whoops 😉
Christmas Cookies Recipe:
1 package Chocolate chips
1 package butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter
Put it all in boiler pot, over medium heat, mixing constantly so it doesn’t burn.
When all melted together, pour in 1 cup peanuts into the mixture and stir them through.
Place foil or parchment paper on a cookie sheet, pour out the mixture and even it out with a spatula.
Sprinkle mini marshmallows on top of the entire pan of cookies.
Place in refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, use a sharp, thick knife to cut cookies into pieces.
Old Fashioned with Red Eye Whiskey
- 3oz of Red Eye Whiskey
- 2-3 dashes of orange bitters
- .5-1 teaspoon of Simple syrup
- 1 orange peel for garnish
- Maraschino cherry (optional)
- 1 large ice cube (I recommend buying the sphere ice cubes)
- Rocks glass
- Put simple syrup and bitters in glass. Mix together
- Add ice to glass
- Pour Red Eye on top and mix with bar spoon (this drink is not shaken!)
- Add orange peel and optional cherry
1 Pound Ground beef
1 pound Mild Italian sausage
One yellow onion, chopped
Loads of garlic
Generous amount course sea salt/ black pepper
Basil (you cannot over due herbs)
½ cup milk
Breads crumbs till it “feels right” – you’ll know. Not too sticky, not too dry
Hand mix, then roll into balls.
Sear sides in hot pan of oil
Finish cooking in marinara on medium heat (8 minutes-ish)
Toast whatever bread you choose. Insert meatballs. Splash some marinara in there. Add some shredded parmesan and let melt. Devour.
3 cups cooked chicken cubed
1 cup sour cream – ¼ cup milk
1 can creamed chicken soup
¼ lb. butter melted
1 ½ cups Ritz crackers crushed
2 tbsp poppy seeds
Put cooked chicken in casserole. Mix soup, sour cream, and milk and pour over chicken mixture. Mix cracker crumbs, melted butter, and poppyseeds and spread over top of casserole. Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.