*Dinner~ Martina McBride’s Zucchini and Mozzarella Tart
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust (thawed)
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- ½ cup drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small zucchini (cut into think rounds)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Par-bake the crust for 5-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Sprinkle mozzarella over bottom of crust. Top with 1/4 cup Parmesan, goat cheese, tomatoes, basil, green onions, and oregano. Arrange zucchini rounds in concentric circles to cover top of tart.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Pour mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake tart until custard is set and crust is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Website: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/zucchini-mozzarella-tart-martina-mcbride
*Dessert~ “Green Stuff” Marshmallow Salad
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mixture
- 6 to 7 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- ½ cup chopped pistachios or walnut
Directions: In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, pudding mix and food coloring if desired. Fold in the marshmallows and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
*Drink~ Sparkling Cranberry Apple Cider Punch
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- Crushed ice
- Directions: In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries and water and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the cranberries pop and split. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Let cool to room temperature (or chill in the refrigerator).In a 2-quart pitcher, pour in the cranberry mixture. Add the apple cider, ginger ale, lemon juice and cranberry juice. Mix. Serve in cups with crushed ice.
- Website: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/sparkling-cranberry-apple-cider-punch/