1. Hello Dylan and Megan, can you both tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country duo?
– Hello! First off we wanna thank you guys so much for asking us to be apart of your blog. You guys are awesome. Now to the question, before becoming a country duo, Dylan was touring full-time in various projects, traveling a lot back and forth from Maryland (His home state) & also performing on Nashville’s Broadway. I had just moved to Nashville 6 months before meeting Dylan at Whiskey Jam. I was playing shows in my home state, Alabama and also playing shows on Music Row as a solo artist. After we met, we toured for a few weekends together and it didn’t take long to realize that we both had the same visions for the path that we wanted to take in music.
2. How did you guys form your group and come up with the name “Parker Barrow Project?”
– We had spent nearly a year on the road together playing shows under the name “The 81 Run” which was primarily a cover band. After spending a few months writing songs, we felt as if our sound had taken a new direction and ultimately decided to rebrand before releasing our original music. We wanted to find something that fit us and our story, Parker & Barrow being the last names of Bonnie & Clyde, we felt it made sense. After a long year of touring and many times feeling as if we are on the run, whether it was to a show or from our RV couch catching on fire (Lol True Story). There were many times where it felt as though it was us against the world as we all know Bonnie & Clyde felt most of their life. The main reason we chose the name was that no matter what they were doing Bonnie & Clyde always did it together, and that is how we spend the majority of our life.
3. What was one of the first album you ever bought?
-Megan: When I was 5 years old I attended my first ever concert to see Kelly Clarkson, she held a competition before her concert to sing and win front row seats..I fell in love with music watching her on idol and ending up competing and won front row seats. After that concert I saved up my allowance and was able to buy my first Album ever “Thankful” by Kelly Clarkson
-Dylan: I don’t really know what the first album I bought was but I do remember when I switched over to an IPhone the first album I downloaded was “1989” by Taylor Swift lol.
4. How would you two describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
– It’s hard to really put a label on our music, but if we had to describe it in four words it would be Country, Grunge, Rock & Soul. So, a little bit of everything.
5. What is your recording process like when creating new music?
– When recording this EP we really had no intentions of leaving the studio with a full 5 song record. We travelled down to our friend Trevor Barnes studio in Jacksonville, FL and was looking to get a few rough mixes of the songs we were thinking about recording. After 5 days of spending the entire time in the studio we ended up walking out with what is now our “Don’t Tell Mama Debut EP”. So I would say our recording process is a lot like the way we approach life. Very spontaneous and open minded. We try not to get caught up in any formula and allow most of the creating process to happen in the moment.
6. What are some of your guys favorite venues or events to play at?
– That’s a tough, one last year we played close to 200 shows in 13 states. Every venue has something unique to offer, but if we had to pick we both love playing in our homes towns Megan’s being Birmingham, AL & Dylan’s being La Plata, MD where we can each spend time with our friends and family back home.
7. What are a few of your guys favorite quotes?
– Dylan: “If you pray for patience, does God give you patience or the opportunity to be patient?” I feel like this quote is something every musician out on the road thinks about.
-Megan: I think my favorite quote or in my case scripture comes from Pslams 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God” Every day in life on the road we are faced with so many obstacles and unknowns your constantly battling doubts and the highs and the lows. But every time I think of that passage I instantly feel peace.
8. Is there anything else you two would like to share?
We would like to thank you so much Dixiedeeblog for asking us to be apart of your page! What you guys do for the up and coming country music community is awesome and we are happy to be apart of it! Also, for anyone who we haven’t had the chance to meet yet, we would love for y’all to follow us on Instagram and Spotify and we hope we can meet you in person at show sometime soon. We are about to re-launch the start of our “Don’t Tell Mama Tour” So you can check out our website www.parkerbarrowproject.comfor future tour dates. And Lastly, Our Debut EP “Don’t Tell Mama” is available NOW on all streaming platforms. Thank you again so much for having us!