1. Hi Christie, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
I have been a country musician since I was about 14 years old.
I was born in England and emigrated to Australia at 6 years old where I started dance lessons and later picked up instruments and singing.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it?
I started singing at 11 years old and entered eisteddfods with lots of different genres. I didn’t know many country songs. I learnt one song so I could enter the country section and each time that would be the section I would consistently get great feedback for.
I’d come home and tell my Dad how I went. All of a sudden, my Dad came out with so many country artists and albums I should be listening to, so I got my main influences and love of country from my Dad.
3. What is the background story behind your latest single “Hot Hot Kiss?”
I wrote thing song with 3 other Aussies on a very hot summers day in Nashville . It’s a song about that initial attraction and longing for someone.
4. What was your first thought in your head when you won CMC Female Artist of the Year 2018 by your fans in Australia?
I was just blown away and really didn’t expect it as I was in a section with some big female names. I had to try and come up with a speech on the spot. The presenters were Adam Eckersley and Brett Young. I was also a bit over whelmed to be given the award by Brett Young as I had just told interviewers on the red carpet he was my celebrity crush! lol
5. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at?
I love festivals best of all. The vibe and crowd just lift the performance every time.
6. Who are some of your musical icons?
Keith Urban (who I did a duet with at Deni Ute Muster) Carrie Underwood and Dolly Parton would be my biggest 3.
7. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?
I will be doing a second single mid year and a brand new album later this year.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Its a quote from Michael Phelps
Stay in your own lane. Keep swimming forward and don’t worry about what everyone else is doing.