1. Hi Chelsea, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?I always enjoyed singing, and started at around the age of 8! I used to be obsessed with Hilary duff, so my taste has definitely changed haha… I started singing Jazz, and then Musical Theatre, and then I went into a country music section in an eisteddfod I was taking part in – and won! It was then that I realised that country music suited my voice the most. It wasn’t until I started listening to more country music that I really got into it and it became my passion and the only music I wanted to play, or listen to!
2. When did you start to listening to country music?I attended the Tamworth Country Music Festival 5 years ago, as my parents had heard about it and thought it would be good to go. It was amazing, and I have gone back every year since! Being in that environment made me realise how amazing country music was, and ever since then it’s been all I have listened to.
3. When did you know you wanted a career in country music?I was in a duo for a few years when I was younger, and that was when I started gigging and actually thinking about doing music as a career. I started getting into country in the middle of that and tried to push our duo in that country direction, but I definitely had more of a passion for it than my duo partner! After school finished we decided to go our seperate ways and it was then that I had the freedom to really knuckle down and try to start a country music career.
4. Who are some of your musical icons?Well they started off as Hilary duff haha… but have definitely changed. Of course I love traditional country artists like Kasey Chambers, Dolly Parton etc, but the ones that really influence my music are the modern Nashville girls such as Kelsea Ballerini, Kacey Musgraves, Carly Pearce, Danielle Bradbery etc.
5. What is the background story behind your brand new song “Kiss Me Like You Miss Me?”We actually got the title from a Deadpool movie, I wrote the song with Troy Kemp and he came to the session with that title and we knew we had to do something with it! The songs about a new relationship where the girl is really invested and wants it to work, and the guy, being a guy, is just cruising along and not putting in the amount of effort that the girl wants. She wants him to show her that he really wants to be in this relationship.
6. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?Definitely! This is my first release for the year, but there will definitely be some more music coming out throughout 2019.. and lots of touring.
7. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?Ideally I would love to be doing this full time, and able to support myself and my music by playing festivals and touring, and of course releasing a lot of new music!
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? If you want a million fans you have to shake a million hands~ love this as although social media is a great tool for creating fans, there’s nothing better than meeting fans in person and allowing them to really connect with your music and yourself as a person.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? I would love if you followed me on all my social media platforms to keep in touch and follow my journey.