1. Hi Emily, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? I am from Ajax, ON. Pretty much been singing since I could open my mouth. I use to sing myself to sleep as a child, ever since I did that my parents knew I was a singer. That’s pretty much how it all began.
2. What was the first country CD you ever bought and when did you know you wanted a career in country music? My first country CD was Shania Twain. I knew country music would be for me after I had tried out for my grade 8 talent show and my teacher had told me I reminded him of The Dixie Chicks. I quickly ran home to find out what they were all about. Since then country has had my heart!
3. What is the background story behind your newest single “Me or the Whiskey?” The one thing that I wanted to communicate through this song, is that the majority of us have had our fair share of partying, and for most of us it’s a fun thing we do on weekends, but for anyone who has been in a relationship with someone who drinks heavily on a regular basis can tell you about the heartache & damage it can cause to you & every single relationship that they are a part of. Alcohol abuse is one of the leading addictions many people face. I hope that this message can connect with the listener on a more personal and emotional level.
4. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why? Hands down Chris Stapleton, he is such a talented writer and artist all around. His voice has soul and blues and he sings with so my emotion. To me that is real music when you can touch someone all around with your lyrics, your voice, and musical composition.
5. Is there anything else coming up with your music for the rest of 2019? Yes, I have new music always on the go, and I plan to try and have an EP out by the end of this year or beginning of next year!
6. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? Any country venue around town is always fun because those are where your true country music lovers are at, and they always have appreciation for country music!
7. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Soulful, sultry, emotional
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “Success is a series of small wins.”
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Stay tuned, as I always have new music on the go and I can’t wait to share!