1. Hi Montana, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before yourself before you became a country musician?I was born in Grand Rapids, MI. I fell in love with country music at a really young age. I wrote my first song when I was ten or eleven and started playing guitar when I was thirteen. Outside of music though, I love spending time with my family.
2. What is the background story behind your latest single “Didn’t Mean To?” Didn’t Mean To is an unexpected love song. I wrote it about this situation where I was completely blindsided by my own feelings.
3. Who are some of your musical icons? Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, and Faith Hill. Taylor Swift, in particular, has been a huge inspiration to me. She’s not only an incredible entertainer but also a phenomenal songwriter. She’s so honest in her writing and that has challenged me to do the same.
4. How did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it? I discovered a few of my mom’s Shania Twain, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw CDs at a very young age. I would come home from school and listen to them over and over again. The thing I love so much about country music is the stories that are present in the songs. I wrote my first song when I was ten or eleven and started playing guitar when I was thirteen. I’ve always wanted to write songs and make music. The thought of it being my career really scared me though. It wasn’t until college that I knew.
5. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at?Oh goodness, everywhere. I love playing at songwriter rounds here in Nashville. You get to know the other writers and it’s like playing with your friends. It’s a blast. I also love playing festivals. It’s always such a great environment.
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2019? Yes. I actually have a single (Mad About You) coming out this Friday. I’m so excited. It’s actually the single off of my upcoming EP I’m releasing later this year. This song is a little bit more uptempo. It’s a fun little love song. I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.
7. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? “Coffeehouse Country” or “Country with a touch of pop” is how I like to describe it.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?Oh gee, I have so many. One is “Everything has changed and yet, I am more me than I’ve ever been.” – Iain Thomas.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? “Mad About You” is available for preorder now. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mad-about-you-single/1450993999