|1. Hello Zoe, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? I grew up in small town in Southwest Oklahoma, doing a little bit of everything around me. I’m not sure if that was because there wasn’t much to do outside of farming/ranching or if it was because I was looking for something I liked as much as music. I stayed very busy with very “Oklahoma things”: raising livestock, sports, public speaking, and SISTERS. I am the oldest of 5 girls so we constantly had people over and each spent a lot of time entertaining people in various ways. |
2. What was the first country album ever bought? I remember asking my mom to buy the Dixie Chicks album “Fly” when I was really little. I looooved the Dixie Chicks!
3. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years? I’d like to at least be signed to management in the next 5 years. The songwriter in me would like to have a couple songs cut as well. I don’t look to the future too much though because I’m usually trying to stay busy booking up my short term with the steps towards my goal. I just know that I want to be writing and playing as much as I can and I want every set and every song to be better than the last. I guess the main goal right now is just finding money with my music to pay for all the songs I wanna record and time I want to spend working on my music.
4. What is the background story behind your latest single “Rope the Moon?” Haha. Well…. we all have exes. Me and my most recent ex broke up because we just weren’t good together. We loved each other a lot but we just weren’t meant to be in a relationship. It took us 2.5 years to figure that out because we loved so hard. About 6 months after we broke up, all my friends said my ex was dating a new girl that was really cool and they liked the two of them together. Then they suddenly broke up. So I sat on that for awhile. Then my grandad started getting really sick and my grandma had a guy best friend that I was talking about one day. I just thought it was really sweet that he would be there for her all the time and I told a friend he’d rope The Moon for her. And then I thought about the girl my ex had broken up with and wrote to the hypothetical idea that she had found the person that’d rope The Moon for her so she would feel peace about moving on.
5. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019? TONS. I am really excited for the songs I’ve been writing and I’m excited to be trying new ones out all the time at shows. I want to pump everything with energy and constantly share what I have been working on. Also I started a Pop side project. Haha.
6. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Rock, Americana, Country, singer/songwriter
7. Where are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I really love True Music Room. I got good vibes from that place. And I recently played Analog with Madeleine and Olivia Rudeen and we played the best show we’ve ever played together I think. That place is awesome. We also did a fun little outdoor gig at Sandbar back at the beginning of June and that was so fun. But I find myself at Live Oak most nights of the week and I always have a good time on that stage. Also anytime we get to travel for a festival that’s awesome.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? Probably any line from Step Brothers. Lol.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Hope to see everyone reading this August 22nd at The Five Spot!