- Hi Jon, can you tell us all a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? Before I became a country artist, I was actually a drummer in a pop/rock band called ONE TWO TEN. After doing that I was hooked, I knew I wanted to work in the industry, but not always as a drummer.
- Who are some of your musical icons? My main musical hero is Toby Keith. I believe as a writer and an artist he has been able to not only have one of the most successful careers but able to impact so many people through the music he continues to make.
- What made you want a career in country music? As I grew up in Oklahoma, country music was ingrained in my lifestyle, so I think it was more of an instinctive thing to want to write country music than anything.
- What is the background of your latest single “Country Girl Swing?” I wrote Country Girl Swing about people always judging other people about how they live their life but when in reality everyone just wants to enjoy life even though they may go about that in different ways. I have the dream of watching people line dance to this song.
- How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Upbeat, Driven, Storytelling
- What is your recording process like when you are creating and making new music? I actually wrote these songs by myself so it wasn’t until taking it into the studio did I start involving other people. For Country Girl Swing, I got to work with some people I really look up to like Rich Redmond (Drummer for Jason Aldean) and Trent Bell, and Chad Copelin to name a few, so it was just an amazing experience getting to have them be a part of bringing this song to life.
- What are a few of your favorite venues to play at? Some of my favorite venues are actually in Oklahoma. I have gotten to play at some amazing venues like The Zoo Amphitheater, The Jones Assembly, and Diamond Ballroom. All very different but such cool places.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? The quote that I live my life by is “Don’t wait for opportunities, create them”. I’m not sure if anyone is quoted saying that so I say that I made it up (even though I am sure other people have said it too).
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I would like to share that this is just the beginning. I am releasing a three-song EP called Southern Gentleman in June.
Jon Edmund~ Artist Spotlight!!
Country singer/songwriter Jon Edmund is 22 years old and is from Norman, Oklahoma. Although he is new to releasing his music, he is not new to the music scene. Through playing in many different bands, writing, producing and mixing, he feels greatly thankful to get so many outlooks on how music is made and how the industry works. His first EP, “Southern Gentleman,” will be coming out on June 10th, 2022 and will feature three songs that will show what kind of artist he wants to be.
Edmund’s latest single is “Country Girl Swing,” and it came this year. His music is available to listen on both Spotify and Apple Music. If you would like to find out more about Jon Edmund please go check out his social media pages down below. Thanks again Jon for being a part of my site.
Social Media Accounts: