- Hello Lianne, can you tell us all a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? So I’ve been a solo artist since I was about 16, but for the last few years I have fronted a rock/country band called Blooms. I started writing from the age of 13 and have always swayed towards writing country inspired songs.
- What made you want a career in country music? I’ve always loved Country and also country rock and pop. It feels natural writing music with country nuances and it’s the music I love listening to all the time, so it inspires me to write that kind of music and become an artist inspired by that kindof music.
- Who are some of your musical icons? Some of my musical icons would include Hayley Williams, Avril Lavigne, Carrie Underwood & Michelle Branch. They inspire me massively as artists and songwriters.
- What is the background story behind your latest single “I Miss You?” My latest single ‘I Miss You’ was written about an old best friend that I sadly parted ways with years ago and wish we could have worked out our friendship, as we were very close. I think the song can be related to in different ways as it’s really a song about loss and heartbreak which is something we all go through. Saying you miss somebody is very raw and vulnerable and it’s something we all feel at some point in our lives, so I hope people can relate to it.
- What is your recording process like when making and creating new music? The process of writing for me has usually revolved around finding lovely chords on guitar that will inspire me, and then coming up with a cool melody or a hook. However lately I’ve been getting lyrics just randomly come to me (sometimes late at night as I’m just about to go to sleep!) And I have to quickly write them in my notes, which is cool. Recording wise I have a lot of great musicians around me that I can tell exactly what I vision for the song, and they make it happen. I also have a great producer. I love hearing the finished product of a song, is a brilliant feeling.
- How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Powerful, captivating, relatable
- What are a few of your favorite venues to play at? I’ve played the Camden Barfly which is a cool venue, but I really enjoy festivals and some small but reverby venues! Is cool if it’s just me and my guitar.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? I’m about to start recording my next few singles that will be released throughout next year, which I’m really excited about. You can find me on my socials at @liannekayemusic for videos, content and music updates! My recent singles including my new song ‘I Miss You’ are out now on all streaming platforms, and also featured on Spotify’s ‘New Music Nashville’ playlist.
Lianne Kaye is a British Singer/Songwriter from the South East. Some of her influences are Hayley Willams (Paramore), Carrie Underwood & Michelle Branch, Kaye’s original music is a combination of guitar-driven, country-influenced songs, also stripped back and climbing vocal ballads.
Following the advancement of her well-known YouTube channel. That has gone over 10 million views. Kaye has started a loyal online fanbase, that has followed her since the beginning of her online journey which started in 2010.
Kaye played many live sets at the Summer in The City, Slam Dunk festival, Camden Barfly and many others. Kaye’s voice is a powerhouse and fantasizing, and one to keep an eye out for.
In November 2021, Kaye put out her latest single “I Miss You.” The song is available on both Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about the wonderful Lianne Kaye you should go take a look at her social media accounts, which are located down below.
Social Media Accounts:
- Hello Skrizzly, can you tell us all about yourself before becoming a country musician?
While I’m a big fan of country music, I am not a country artist; I’m an alternative rock artist. I’ve been extremely lucky in the last year to have received editorial Playlisting support in the country worlds of Spotify and Amazon.
2. What made you want a career in music?
I feel like it’s just something I’ve always loved and been obsessed with since I was 5. There was no one defining moment of influence, I’ve always had this strong gravity pulling me towards music.
3. What is the background story behind your latest single “Come Out Tonight?”
I actually wrote Come Out Tonight for my debut EP Stains when I was 19. At the time it felt incomplete and too country for that project. Now in 2021 it felt perfect to release it as a single for my upcoming second album.
4. Who are some of your musical icons?
Springsteen, Kanye, Van Morrison, Eric Church, Bob Seger
5. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
Bass Heavy Heartland Rock
6. What are a few of your favorite venues to play at?
Trees in Dallas, Mercury Lounge NYC
7. What is your recording process when making and creating new music?
I own my own studio and pretty much live there. For me it’s all about chipping away everyday and always gaining an inch.
8. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Second album coming February 2022.
Social Media Accounts: