- Hello Dave, can you tell us all a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
I am a “gofer.” I just go for it! I am just a simple guy who enjoys getting into different things and learning about life in general. Time flies, you know!
2. What made you decide to have a career in country music?
Country Music allows me to write about life experiences while telling stories from my own perspective. There’s nothing better than that!
3. What is the background story of your latest single “Visiting Nashville?”
In September 2019 we went to Nashville on a trip, and there was so much history, culture, amazing people living out their dreams that it left an everlasting impression on me!! It was that visit that really helped me paint the picture of both mine and other’s visits to Music City. If you haven’t been to Nashville, you must GO!!
4. What are a few of your all time favorite venues to perform at?
Things started to really ramp up for me at the beginning of 2020, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to perform on too many stages quite yet. One of my favorite venues was the Tree Harvest Festival along the Sacramento River. The vibe was laid back with the water flowing in the back drop.
5. What is your recording process like when creating and making new music?
It all starts with an idea, then it translates into a story that then turns into a rhythmic poetic style that gets worked with chords into a melody. Then we get together at the studio to work on the instruments and go from there. Each part of the process gives the song its flavor!! Its a lot of fun!!
6. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
California meets Nashville
7. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Let’s Get it Done
8. Is there anything else you would like to share?
We just finished a short docu series called “The Shit Show – All Groupies Wanted” NOW on YouTube. It’s about me and my crazy chaotic family and friends.