|1. Hi Conner, can you tell us all a little bit about yourself before becoming a country musician? Before I became a country musician, I was just a kid with big dreams, growing up in middle Tennessee. My life was centered around school, church, and learning to play guitar. |
2. Who are some of your musical icons? My musical heroes would have to be Alan Jackson and Keith Whitley
3. What is the background story behind your latest single, “Times Like These?” “Times Like These” was written the first week of March 2020, just a few days after a tornado tore through Nashville. I went in for a writing session with Liz Hengber and Lance Carpenter, and we were talking about all the good coming out of people during such a hard time. The stories of helping hands and kind hearts lead to us writing “Times Like These.”
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? It’s just Country
5. What are few of your favorite events or venues to play at? My background of performing on lower Broadway (Nashville) has given me a real love and appreciation for the loud Honky Tonks that line the street; however, there’s also something magical about some of the quaint performance venues that plays home to so many of the intimate writer’s rounds.
6. What is your recording process like when creating new music? I love making new music. Each project is different from start to finish, and with every project, I like to take my time. I want to feel confident in every aspect of my music before I put it out. It may be nitpicky, but I always try pushing myself to create the best music I can.
7. What do you like to do in your free time when you are not working on your music? This summer I’ve spent a lot of time on the water. I love the sun and the waves. I love making music, though so it’s hard for me to take breaks sometimes.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? I love George Strait’s music, and one of my favorite quotes is from one of his songs. It says, “there’s a difference in living and living well.”
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Just thank you to all who have loved and supported this song. I’m so honored by the impact this song has had on some people during these times.
23 years old Tennessee local Conner Sweet was raised with a guitar in his hand. Sweet was born and grew up on the borders of Nashville, he comes from a big line of singers and musicians, so it was only normal that music would be the main interest in Sweet’s life.
The truth of Sweet’s classical country flair is that it exposes early impacts by country musicians such as George Jones, Johnny Cash and George Strait, as well as some of his new favorite artists like Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett. Writing songs since he was 16 years old, Sweet signed his first publishing deal in 2019 with Given Entertainments. His days are now spent writing and performing for a strong fan base that has been built by live shows where he and his band are regulars on the Nashville circuit.
There was a plan in action for Sweet to put out music in 2020 but when “Times Like These,” was born and it changed the schedule. A writing session was on the records with hitmakers, Liz Hengber and Lance Carpenter in early March, it just took place to be around the shocking tornado hit in Nashville. That day the writers united to share about personal tensions they were each dealing with, from a family member that was sick to other unlucky problems in their lives. Deeply crushed by big accounts, the three set out to write an inspiring motto about the value of harmony and joining together when times are rough. Little did they know they would be making an anthem that would soon have a much larger effect in a different place. On May 1, 2020, Sweet’s single “Time Like These,” was available on many popular music platforms.
“Time Like These, the main message is about leaning on one another and finding assurance to get you through hard times. The single is currently #50 on Billboard Indicator and in the Top 30 on the MusicRow Chart.
If you would like to find out more Connor Sweet then check out his website at (https://www.connersweet.com).
Social Media Accounts: