1. Hello Tezza, can you tell us all a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?
I was born and raised in upstate New York with a love of horses, music and performing. My family owned a local ice cream shop which I worked in as a kid and then all the way through high school. My mom, sister, and I loved horses and would spend the weekends going to the barn, riding, and competing in horse shows. I still and will always have a special place in my heart for horses!
2. What was one of the first country concerts you ever went to?
One of the very first country concerts I ever went to was at a local music venue called Magic City Music Hall. It was close to my house and we used to get all kinds of great bands that would stop and perform on the way to their next show. I remember seeing Little Big Town perform there before they really became famous. I was blown away by their harmonies, their songs, and their live show. They even had The Wreckers opening for them which was just an added bonus!
3. What is the background story behind your brand new single “Mercury Rising?”
Mercury Rising is my brand new single and is available everywhere now! It’s country with a little twist of pop melodies and rock guitars. It all started with a little melody and title I had, “Mercury Rising”, and really just fell right out
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
Pop country with a Northeastern Twist
5. What is your recording process like when creating new music?
With this set of songs I went into the studio and tried to make each song unique yet cohesive with each other as a whole. I’m so happy with the way they came out. It was really important to me to focus on making and creating music that was really “me” and that I could be proud of
6. Who are some of your musical icons?
Aretha Franklin, Frank Sinatra, John Mayer, ACDC, Rihanna, Miranda Lambert (quite the mix I know)
7. What are a few of your favorite venues or events to play at?
CMA Fest and I also really enjoy when I get to travel back to NY to open up for other big country artists
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I’m not much a quote person but I’m a sucker for a good story song
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
The official music video for “Mercury Rising” will be available soon! It will be released in just a few weeks so make sure to follow me on social media to find out the exact release date. You won’t want to miss it! Instagram: @the.tezza