1. Hello Shae, what made you want a career in country music?I’ve always gravitated towards country music because of the storytelling aspect of it that Country music has always had. I love being able to write my story into to a song and be able to share it that way.
2. What is the story behind your latest song “Black and White?”“Black and White” is about a breakup where nothing specific or particular went wrong or caused the breakup, it was just two people who weren’t meant to be. I desperately wanted someone in the relationship to be the bad guy to make it easier to get over and give some sense of closure but that just wasn’t the case. Everyone was innocent and there was nowhere to point the blame, it just wasn’t working.
3. What was the inspiration behind the new lyric video for your song “Black and White?”I wanted to give people an inside look at what recording “Black and White” was like. There was so much emotion that went into that and I wanted to show that side of the process.
4. What is the process when creating a lyric video?I always like to figure out what I want people to take away from my songs and I try to make sure the lyric video visually gets that message across while still letting the lyrics be the main focus.
5. Your lyric video is “The Making Of.” Tell us more about the making of the song.
Were there any co-writers? Who are the producers? What was your experience like with both?I had two co-writers on this song: Kyle Rife and Jeremy Bussey. They were so great and completely understood my vision when I brought them the concept for “Black and White.” Derek Wells produced all 3 of my new singles and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to help me bring these songs to life.
7. What is one of your favorite quotes?“Trust in time, especially when time says no.” – SEEKER
8. Is there anything else you would like to share? Make sure to stream “Black and White” on Spotify of Apple :https://ps.onerpm.com/blackandwhiteKeep in touch! I love connecting with everyone via social media so be sure to follow me and be the first to know about new music! 🙂