1. Hello Michael, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
There’s isn’t much to say really, just a normal high school guy. I actually started playing night clubs while in high school at the age of 17. I Played football, baseball and worked as a bag boy at our local grocery store.
2. What was one of the first country album you ever bought?
George Strait, Greatest Hits Volume 2
3. What is the background story behind your latest song “Keep On Livin’?”
It was one of the first songs one of my producers Rick Schweinsberg pitched me. The first time I heard it i loved it, plus I’m a huge fan of both of the writers. The song said something i agreed with and wanted to say myself. It was written by number one hit songwriters Gerald Douglas Crabb and T.W. Hale (Why Haven’t I Heard From You – Reba McEntire, A Night To Remember – Joe Diffie, etc.). I love the positivity that just pours out of every single line in this song,” explains Lee. “If you’re having a bad day, you can’t stay down long after you listen to it!
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
It’s definitely…”gonna be Country!”
5. What is your recording process like when making new music?
First I meet up and start going over ideas for songs with my other producer Micah Schweinsberg. We will then start working on arrangements and different chord progressions. We honestly like to record songs I have written, but we are open to other songs if they are written in the vein of what we are wanting to say at the time.
6. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at?
I love playing fairs and festivals. I have developed a following in Norway. We’ve went over there a couple times and love that! Also, there’s a place in Texas called Church In The Country that we love going to and playing at. They have become like another family to me and my family, they show us true love!
7. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2020?
I actually do have some new things coming up in 2020. I just got out of the studio! As of right now we’ve recorded 7 new songs and Dana Williams from Diamond Rio came on board and co-produced this with Micah Schweinsberg. It’s awesome stuff and I’m extremely excited about it. Stay tuned for more music coming to you this year.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
I have a couple…
* There’s a line in an old Hank Williams Jr. song that says “You can’t fake it, if you’re gonna make it, you gotta live it”…
* Something I tell people all the time about performing “If you can’t feel it, they won’t feel it.”
* “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you…”