1. Hello Michael, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? There’s isn’t much to say really, just a normal high school guy. I actually started playing night clubs while in high school at the age of 17. I Played football, baseball and worked as a bag boy at our local grocery store.
2. What was one of the first country album you ever bought? George Strait, Greatest Hits Volume 2
3. What is the background story behind your latest song “Keep On Livin’?” It was one of the first songs one of my producers Rick Schweinsberg pitched me. The first time I heard it i loved it, plus I’m a huge fan of both of the writers. The song said something i agreed with and wanted to say myself. It was written by number one hit songwriters Gerald Douglas Crabb and T.W. Hale (Why Haven’t I Heard From You –Reba McEntire, A Night To Remember – Joe Diffie, etc.). I love the positivity that just pours out of every single line in this song,” explains Lee. “If you’re having a bad day, you can’t stay down long after you listen to it! 4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? It’s definitely…”gonna be Country!”
5. What is your recording process like when making new music? First I meet up and start going over ideas for songs with my other producer Micah Schweinsberg. We will then start working on arrangements and different chord progressions. We honestly like to record songs I have written, but we are open to other songs if they are written in the vein of what we are wanting to say at the time.
6. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I love playing fairs and festivals. I have developed a following in Norway. We’ve went over there a couple times and love that! Also, there’s a place in Texas called Church In The Country that we love going to and playing at. They have become like another family to me and my family, they show us true love!
7. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2020? I actually do have some new things coming up in 2020. I just got out of the studio! As of right now we’ve recorded 7 new songs and Dana Williams from Diamond Rio came on board and co-produced this with Micah Schweinsberg. It’s awesome stuff and I’m extremely excited about it. Stay tuned for more music coming to you this year.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? I have a couple… * There’s a line in an old Hank Williams Jr. song that says “You can’t fake it, if you’re gonna make it, you gotta live it”… * Something I tell people all the time about performing “If you can’t feel it, they won’t feel it.” * “Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you…”
Country musician Michael Lee continues to demonstrate to country music what has been missing for quite some time with his soft and strong vocals. He started his country music career when he was only 14 years old. Lee first sang gospel songs in church which later expanded into starting a duo group in the early 2000s and getting the notice from Grammy award-winning producer Wilbur C. Rimes (father of LeAnn Rimes). This off his career and next, he started to play at many showcases in Nashville while remaining to write songs with well-known songwriter Pat Alger (Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame member who has written number 1 tunes for Garth Brooks, Dolly Parton, Brenda Lee and Crystal Gayle).
Although Lee was getting attention and support from the music industry he was also starting to receive, he was feeling emptiness in his life while being on the road and the duties of being a husband and a father. Lee decided to take a break, but still recorded many Christian country projects with Ren Hen Records, a part of Daywind Records. After locking down a new label deal with Private Label Artists, he is back working on new music for his fans and recording songs that many people could relate to.
Some of Lee’s musical influences are traditional singers like George Jones, Merle Haggard and Keith Whitley, it was the 1990’s country that formed him more than anything with artists such as Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Clint Black and Brooks & Dunn. Lee’s voice and soul will move you with each song he sings. He is showcasing what real life is all about and the various paths that we all have to pick which way to go and the hardships we will all face.
Lee’s great new single “Keep On Livin’,” came out this year and it is available to listen through this website (https://privatelabelartists.com). It was written by number one popular songwriter Gerald Douglas Crabb and T.W. Hale (Why Haven’t I Heard From You-Reba McEntire, A Night To Remember- Joe Diffie) and produced by Rich Schweinsberg, Keep on Livin’ was one of the singles that Lee was immediately a fan of.
Like many others, Lee has been staying at his home in Georgia for the past two months with his wife Julie and their three kids. In an attempt to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has paused much of the music industry, but it did not stop Lee from putting out new music to his fans during this time. Lee explains that his latest single has an important message that many people in the world need to hear and hold on to, especially right now.