1. Hello Johnny, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
So my musical journey began when I was 12. My mother bought me a guitar for Christmas. I was obsessed. A few years later I found myself in a cover band learning from some seasoned vets how to play Classic Rock and Blues. I did this until high school and then joined some bands that were quite diverse in style. (Jazz, Reggae, Classical, Alternative Rock, and Heavy Metal)
2. What was one of the first country album or CD you ever purchased?
The first country record that I remember myself going out and acquiring was Brad Paisley’s 5th Gear. Then I quickly acquired all his other records. Saying I was obsessed would be an understatement.
3. What is the background story behind your brand new single “Nothin’ Better To Do?”
“Nothin’ Better To Do” is about a man reminiscing about his teenage years when he made some not so great decisions due to the boredom he experienced growing up in a small town and his inexperienced heart.
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
Uplifting, Real, Unapologetic
5. What are a few of your favorite events or venues to play at?
I loved playing at BMI’s Key West Songwriter’s Festival last year. I love the Comfort Dental Amphitheater in Denver, CO. I honestly love playing everywhere in Nashville. The Sutler has been great to me. Gotta give a shout out to the John Brown Songwriter’s Festival at the Florabama as well. I love them!
6. Is there anything else new coming up with your music later in the year?
I have a bunch of New Music coming out this year so don’t blink! If you follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook you’ll be able to stay up to date with each single release! There will be atleast 3 more releases this year.
7. If you could sing a duet with any singer or group who would it be and why?
That’s hard. If I could sing a duet with anyone it’d probably be FGL, Keith Urban, or Brad Paisley. Lol sorry, it’s too hard to choose just one.
8. Where do you hope to see your music career in 5 to 10 years?
I’m shooting for the stars honestly but as long my music serves my fans and brings joy to their lives, that’s what means the most to me.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Three most important things in life are attitude, attitude, and attitude.
10. Is there anything else you would like to share?
I love to chat and meet new people so please reach out to me on whatever social media platform you use! You can find me at @johnnydayofficial on Instagram and Facebook. @johnnydaymusic on Twitter. Thank you so much for having me on the blog! Love you all!