Bio: Nashville resident, Summer Overstreet, is an extremely gifted singer/songwriter. Being from a huge artistic family- daughter of songwriter Paul Overstreet-Overstreet began writing songs at a young age. The past years she has been actively refining her vocals in town and cowriting in the community with groups like Avenue Beat and Endless Summer.On March 13, 2020, Summer Overstreet latest single “Get My Shit Together,” and it is avivlable on Spotify & iTunes.
Social Media Accounts:
|1. Hello Summer, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer? I was born and raised in Nashville. My father is a Grammy Winning songwriter and encouraged myself and my other 5 siblings (yes six kids) to lean towards all things music. I think only one sibling is not actively working in the music business in some way. Mostly my life has consisted of music (as boring as that is,) although I did use to breed and show dairy goats. |
2. What was the first country concert you ever attended? Um….this is both really bad and maybe really good? Dan and Shay March 6th, 2020. I don’t know why, but that was the first country concert I can remember.
3. What is the background story behind your latest single “Get My Shit Together?” GMST was a song that I felt we ( me and my co-writers ) were compelled to write kind of as a hot mess anthem. I think in today’s world it’s easy to compare yourself to others and set imaginary deadlines that can really steal a lot of the fun out of life. We wanted to say “we ain’t got shit figured out! But that’s ok. Maybe tomorrow “
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Unapologetic. Adventurous. Honest. FUN!
5. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2020? I have two more songs I’m releasing in April and May! I am so excited for them as well!
6. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I love the Basement, the Analog, the listening room, and Grey’s on Main
7. What advice would you give to a up and coming country artist? Show up every day. Ten minutes early. Learn to love the word “No.” It’s always a fun challenge!
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? You gotta keep trying to find your niche and trying to fit into whatever slot that’s left for you or to make one of your own. – Dolly Parton
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?Just to keep eyes peeled for new music!!