LEMON FETA LINGUINE WITH GARLIC ASPARAGUS
• 4 oz. uncooked linguine pasta
FOR THE SAUCE:
• 1 lemon, juice and zest* (see first Note below)
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
• Cracked black pepper
FOR THE ASPARAGUS:
• 6 oz. (12 spears) asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1½ inch pieces
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
- Boil the linguine pasta in salted water according to package directions until one
minute prior to al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Set aside.
- For the sauce. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate bowl, whisk together the
lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil together until well combined. Then add in the feta
and black pepper, whisking well until the sauce combines to become creamy and mostly
uniform in texture.** Set aside.
- For the asparagus. Using a large skillet at medium-high heat, add the olive oil and
garlic, swirling the pan for 5 seconds (slightly toasting the garlic). Add in the asparagus,
salt, and pepper, stirring frequently until the asparagus is tender-crisp, about 2-3
minutes. Remove from heat and place the asparagus in another bowl.
- Using the same skillet, reduce the heat to low, then add the pasta and sauce. Using
tongs, toss to evenly coat the pasta with the sauce, letting the feta cheese completely
melt. Spoon in a tablespoon of pasta water at a time to get to your desired saucy
- Add in the asparagus and give the pasta a final toss. Top with additional feta cheese
if you would like. Taste for additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
• *About 1 tbsp. lemon zest and ¼ cup lemon juice. This will make it a really lemony
pasta dish; reduce the amount of zest and juice if you prefer a more mild lemon flavor.
• **It’s fine if there are still visible pieces of feta cheese; they will melt when mixed
with the pasta.