- Hello Tori, how are you? Can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? Hi, Danaille! I grew up a military brat so I moved around a lot before staying in one
place. The longest I’ve stayed anywhere was in Texas. I got into music when I was 14 years old, so it’s been a part of me for most of my life! I come from a small town and I’m very family-oriented which reflects who I am as an artist.
- What made you want a career in country music? I fell in love with country music at a young age and my Paw-Paw inspired me by listening to the classics. I knew at 7 years old that I was going to be a “famous” singer one day, ha ha!
- What is the background story behind your new tack “What Would Dolly Do?” I’m a huge Dolly Parton fan. She has inspired me in so many ways during my life. Last summer, I visited Dollywood for the first time and saw handwritten letters from Dolly to her parents in her museum. She was talking about when she first moved to Nashville and was telling her parents not to worry about her. That struck a chord with me. Dolly has been exactly where I am now! It really humanized her and gave me a different perspective on her.
- Is there anything else coming up with your music in 2020?
There are a lot of exciting things coming up for 2020! I can’t announce much about them
yet but keep your ears open!!
- How would you describe your music in three to five words?
Country, Heart, and Soul!
- What is your recording process like when creating new music?
Honestly, it’s different every time. This process has been great recording my album. I’ve been a part of everything as far as recording and production so I’m really proud of the music we’re putting out.
- What was the first country concert you ever attended?
I went the Music Fest in Steamboat when I was 13 and had the opportunity to see so many artists like Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers and Kevin Fowler, which was amazing.
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Find our who you are and do it on purpose!” – Dolly Parton
- Is there anything else you would like to share?
Thank you for your support of my music! I’m very excited about “What Would Dolly Do?” and everything to come!! Please feel free to share the song and don’t forget to tag Dolly and I on socials ;).