- Hello JT, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country music artist? I like a lot of boys, I thought I was going to be a pro baseball or basketball player haha…. I was obsessed with sports, they were my first love… but as I became an adult this hidden dream of being on the radio and playing big stages stole my focus and I’ve been dreaming of that ever since
- What was the first country concert you ever attended? Reba!!! She was incredible!!! At the Shark Tank in San Jose. Amazing stage presence, great performer, just as good as it gets
- What is the background story behind your brand new song “If I Ain’t Got You?” Well this is a very special song to me…. I wrote this song about me and my girlfriend, we broke up very soon after I started this song… it was my FIRST ever write in Nashville. I Brought what I had written and Derek George finished it with me, and made it a million times better… my last single “Heaven Lost An Angel” I was very proud of, but it was a little more serious, I like that this song is more fun and light-hearted…. all the money and things in the world don’t matter if you don’t have someone special to share them with 🙂
- How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Feels. PARTY!! truthful FUN!!! HopefulI’m touching on everything with my music
- Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2020? There will be a lot!!! There will be some awesome music videos, and at least three more singles coming this year… probably some other surprises as well, but I can’t tell you everything 😉
- If you could sing a duet with any singer or group who would it be and why? John Fogerty… or Bob Seger, those are my two favorite voices of all time
- What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? We play so many great places and I’ve had the privilege of being on stage for some amazing events and festivals… My band and I built most of our Fan base at Moonshine Flats and Moonshine beach in San Diego, simply amazing venues, and We played Stoneys in Las Vegas as well a few years back. Old Crow in Huntington Beach, CA is also one of our favorites. As far as festivals, we opened for Jake Owen and Josh Abbot band at Coastal Country Jam and later that month played Stagecoach Festival the same day as Luke Combs, LANco, Thomas Rhett and Kenny Chesney… that was an amazing day
- What is one of your favorite quotes? The Harder You Work, the luckier you get …. I don’t know who said it, but it has held true in my life.
- Is there anything else you would like to share? The support so far from all the amazing people that have been with me for years as well as the thousands of you that are hearing my music for the first time, from the bottom of my heart I appreciate everything. We’re gonna keep this train movin !! gonna give you guys all the feels!
JT Harker~ “Artist Spotlight”!!!
JT Harker is from Northern California, he grew up listening to country music legends like Garth Brooks, Wynona Judd and Brooks & Dunn. When he was 7 years old he was sneaking albums from his father’s collection and fell in love with a big selection of sounds from Creedence Clearwater Revival to Marvin Gaye. Harker grew up with passions of playing college and professional sports, but personally always dreamed of one day being on the radio and playing on big stages.
Harker and his band were starting to be a part of the California Country Scene, they toured tirelessly all around the west coast, regionally and cross country. He was even an opening act for artists like Jake Owen, Rodney Atkins, Chase Bryant, Muscadine Bloodline, Josh Thompson, Devin Dawson, and Raelynn. In 2017, he obtained a slot in the famous and well-known Stagecoach Country Festival in California.
On January 24, 2020, Harker put out his latest single “If I Ain’t Got You,” and it is on Spotify and Apple Music. If you would like to find out more about JT Harker then check out his website at (https://www.jtharker.com).
Social Media Accounts: