|1. Hello Stephanie, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?I grew up in a small town in New York with music having a huge impact on my life. My mom would sing around the house growing up, which led my sisters and I to start singing and putting on shows for the family. From there, I was in every choir a person could possibly be a part of. Before pursuing my music career, I went to college to receive my Bachelors and Masters degrees, I was a volunteer firefighter for several years and I have been working in the fashion industry for 10 years. In recent past, I’ve auditioned for American Idol, Nashville Star and The Voice until I finally decided to write, record and release my music as an independent artist. |
2. What was the first concert you ever attended? My first concert was the Backstreet Boys back in 1998. My first country concert was Rascal Flatts…best night of my life!
3. What made you choose to record “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas?” It’s an iconic and classic Christmas song, one that reminds me of holiday past with my family and one that I hold close to my heart. So many artists have recorded it in their own way…that made it intriguing to give it my own spin.
4. Do you have family traditions during the holiday season? In years past, my siblings and I would go to my parents house to decorate the family tree and then come back on Christmas Eve to celebrate with the family. I recently got married and I’m excited to see what traditions my husband and I start for ourselves.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2020?Yes! I plan to keep releasing singles in 2020 while also expanding my touring reach to different states in the US. I’m excited to see where the new year takes me!
6. How would you describe in your music in 3 to 5 words? Rocking contemporary country!
7. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I’m still a pretty new artist, but the coolest place I’ve performed thus far was at Live Oak in Nashville, TN. I had been planning to go to Nashville at some point this year, hoping to have a gig while I was in town, and thankfully, my manager Scott Lehr at B Chord Management hooked me up with that gig. It was an awesome night and it was great to meet and interact with new people.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? My music is available on most music platforms so if you like it, please share it. I love interacting with fans, so please link up with me on Instagram (@stephanieryannmusic), Facebook (@stephanieryannmusic), and on my website (www.stephanieryann.com). I look forward to hearing from you and thank you Danaille for including me in your blog!
Stephanie Ryann~ Artist Spotlight
Stephanie Ryann is a singer and songwriter from New York. Her music is a combination of country, pop, and rock. Ryann is often compared to artists like Miranda Lambert and Maren Morris, her writing and different sound sets her away from other country musicians that are on the scene. With the aid of her co-writers and producers, Ryann put out her debut self-titled EP in October 2018 and has also released a “Summer Series” of songs, including “Home,” (came out on July 3rd) and “Travelers,” (came out on August 9th). Ryann has been an opening act for The Felice Brothers, Midnight North, and Jackson Dean, and has also performed as a backup singer for solo artist, Eliot Lewis, of the famous pop duo Hall & Oates. She also performs at her own shows in New York and Connecticut and she hopes to expand her touring schedule.
On December 6, 2019, Ryann put out her latest single “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas,” which is a Christmas classic. You can find her music on Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about Stephanie Ryann then check out her website at (https://stephanieryann.com/home).
Social Media Accounts: