|1. Hello Stephanie, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?I grew up in a small town in New York with music having a huge impact on my life. My mom would sing around the house growing up, which led my sisters and I to start singing and putting on shows for the family. From there, I was in every choir a person could possibly be a part of. Before pursuing my music career, I went to college to receive my Bachelors and Masters degrees, I was a volunteer firefighter for several years and I have been working in the fashion industry for 10 years. In recent past, I’ve auditioned for American Idol, Nashville Star and The Voice until I finally decided to write, record and release my music as an independent artist. |
2. What was the first concert you ever attended? My first concert was the Backstreet Boys back in 1998. My first country concert was Rascal Flatts…best night of my life!
3. What made you choose to record “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas?” It’s an iconic and classic Christmas song, one that reminds me of holiday past with my family and one that I hold close to my heart. So many artists have recorded it in their own way…that made it intriguing to give it my own spin.
4. Do you have family traditions during the holiday season? In years past, my siblings and I would go to my parents house to decorate the family tree and then come back on Christmas Eve to celebrate with the family. I recently got married and I’m excited to see what traditions my husband and I start for ourselves.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2020?Yes! I plan to keep releasing singles in 2020 while also expanding my touring reach to different states in the US. I’m excited to see where the new year takes me!
6. How would you describe in your music in 3 to 5 words? Rocking contemporary country!
7. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I’m still a pretty new artist, but the coolest place I’ve performed thus far was at Live Oak in Nashville, TN. I had been planning to go to Nashville at some point this year, hoping to have a gig while I was in town, and thankfully, my manager Scott Lehr at B Chord Management hooked me up with that gig. It was an awesome night and it was great to meet and interact with new people.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? My music is available on most music platforms so if you like it, please share it. I love interacting with fans, so please link up with me on Instagram (@stephanieryannmusic), Facebook (@stephanieryannmusic), and on my website (www.stephanieryann.com). I look forward to hearing from you and thank you Danaille for including me in your blog!
Stephanie Ryann is a singer and songwriter from New York. Her music is a combination of country, pop, and rock. Ryann is often compared to artists like Miranda Lambert and Maren Morris, her writing and different sound sets her away from other country musicians that are on the scene. With the aid of her co-writers and producers, Ryann put out her debut self-titled EP in October 2018 and has also released a “Summer Series” of songs, including “Home,” (came out on July 3rd) and “Travelers,” (came out on August 9th). Ryann has been an opening act for The Felice Brothers, Midnight North, and Jackson Dean, and has also performed as a backup singer for solo artist, Eliot Lewis, of the famous pop duo Hall & Oates. She also performs at her own shows in New York and Connecticut and she hopes to expand her touring schedule.
On December 6, 2019, Ryann put out her latest single “Have Yourself a Merry Christmas,” which is a Christmas classic. You can find her music on Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about Stephanie Ryann then check out her website at (https://stephanieryann.com/home).
Social Media Accounts:
1. Hello Bailey, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
Well, i’ve just turned 20 years old and have pretty much always wanted to be a musician, As a child we moved around quite a lot, I’ve lived in Italy and Belgium as well as the UK before settling in St Ives, Cornwall. I’ve been performing on stage and writing since I was 11 so I don’t really know any different. When I finished my A Levels I had a pretty difficult decision to make, either go to Uni and study the music industry or throw myself right into and see if I could swim! As it turns out I was offered a record deal around that same time so I guess I’m very lucky to be doing what I love!
2. What was the first country album you ever bought?I remember finding a Sheryl Crow CD in a fair. ‘If It Makes You Happy’ is one of my all-time favourite songs! My Dad used to play it in the car when I was like 5 and I knew all the words haha. Sheryl Crow is awesome.
3. What is the background story behind your new single “I Wish (It Didn’t End Like This)?” I wrote this song about my old best friend and actually he’s the same guy that I wrote ‘Hey Ace’ about. I sneaked in a reference to that song in the middle 8! Basically it was one of those “Will they, won’t they” kind of situations for a while and then we kissed…and it totally ruined our friendship!! We went from seeing each other everyday to like never! I was feeling really quite sad about the whole situation when I wrote this song and it poured out of me in 20 minutes while I sat crying on the bathroom floor!
4. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Fearless, whimsical, narrative, emotive and nostalgic.
5. What are some of your favourite venues or events to play at? I’ve played at some really cool places! One of them being The Water Rats in London. I also really love performing at festivals, The Great Estate in Cornwall is an upcoming festival thats getting bigger each year, I think thats the most beautiful festival I’ve played at – one of the stages I performed on was in a secret forrest with dreamcatchers hanging from the trees.
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2020?I’ve written a song with another female country artist in the UK, so something exciting is happening there!! I’m looking forward to festival season and releasing some more songs! Maybe another EP? not sure yet though.
7. Do you have any family traditions for the holiday season? Because we live by the beach, we usually have a walk on Christmas day with the dog on Porthmeor, but I guess we have a pretty traditional Christmas! We have the presents under the tree, watch Love Actually and eat loads of food! Christmas Eve is really fun in St Ives too so I go out with my friends and NYE is massive here, so everyone dresses up, Im super excited.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “Cous cous, the food so nice they named it twice” – Seth Rogen in Pineapple Express.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? I have some really cool gigs in London in the new year! My first being a headline at The O2 Academy Islington with my band on the 18th of Jan, the lineup is awesome! You can buy tickets on my website: www.baileytomkinson.com
Bailey Tomkinson is a singer and songwriter from St. Ives, Cornwall. Tomkinson’s music is a combination between pop and country and she shares relatable stories that has earned her similarities to singers like Taylor Swift & Emmylou Harris on BBC Radio2 from well-known country musician Brad Paisley.
With her last three singles reaching #2 on the UK Country Music iTunes Charts, Tomkinson has rapidly arose as one of the UK Country scenes top singers. She has also regularly is getting 20,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, her song “Movie Scene,” has been streamed over 100,000 times and made a placement on the “Very Nearly Nashville,” editorial playlist.
Now at 20 years old, Tomkinson signed her first publishing deal with German Indie label FBP music at the age of 18. In 2018 she has built a strong festival status and in 2019 she has seen further development supporting KT Tunstall, earning a significant slot at Boardmasters, and making her debut at the famous 02 Academy in Islington where she will return to headline in early next year.
On December 6, 2019 Tomkinson newest single “I Wish (It Didn’t End Like This),” and it is available to listen on both Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about Bailey Tomkinson then check out her website at (https://www.baileytomkinson.com).
Social Media Accounts: