1. Hi Ashley, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? Well I started playing Guitar at age 17. When I picked it up my life changed. So before that I was a pretty normal kid. I loved school & hanging out with my friends & like most kids couldn’t wait to be older haha.
2. What was the first country album you ever bought? I went to Wal Mart & bought Gretchen Wilson’s “Here For The Party”. That record changed my life.
3. How did you come up the with the name of your latest EP “Bakersfield?” I come from Bakersfield, California. When trying to decide a name for my Debut EP I couldn’t think of a better one then naming it after it being the place that gave me my start in life, Music & helped make m the artist & person I am.
4. What is the your favorite song off your EP “Bakersfield?” Oh boy, That’s a tough one! So I wrote or co-wrote all 7 songs on the project. They all hold a very dear place to me. My song ” The Man that Prays For Me” always gets me. I also really like “Cake’. Every one always sings that back to me at shows & “Play Like Ken” is just a sassy good time.
5. What are some of your favorite venues or events to play at? I love to travel to new places & meet new people. So I try to travel & play shows as much as possible. In Nashville though I do love to Play Revival 615, The Bluebird Cafe & a few other venues in town.
6. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words? Real life, Good People.
7. What do you like to do in your free time when you are not working on your music? Haha That is not often but I have a Golden Retriever Puppy Named “Melody”. I love to hang with her & go on long hikes. I love just hanging out with friends. Traveling & every now & then binge watching a show on Netflix.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? ” If you talk bad about my Momma or Country Music.. Them are fighting words! ” – Dolly Parton.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Well on Nov. 22nd I am releasing a brand new song called “Family”. I am just really happy & blessed to do what I do. I really appreciate people supporting me & my music & allowing me to live the dream. I hope people enjoy it. I am really proud of this song.