|1. Hello Clay, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? |
I’ve been playing guitar since I was 9 years old so I don’t really remember a whole lot about life before music. I grew up like any other kid in my area. We loved riding bikes, playing with friends and getting into trouble.
2. Who are some of your musical icons? Musically: Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, CCR Jason Aldean and Kid Rock.
3. What was the first country album you ever bought? Jason Aldean or Corey Smith
4. What is the background story behind your latest single “Crickets?”
I wrote this song with my buddy Adam Shoenfeld. We were just trying to create a song that was real and relatable to most listeners of Country Radio. I try to write music that is most relevant to my life as well.
5. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?
LOTS OF IT! New music is fixing to be in the works!
6. How would you describe your music in 3 to 5 words?
New Old School Country Music
7. Where are some of your favorite venues or events to perform live?
The Listening Room Cafe – Nashville and Tin Roof – Nashville on Tuesday nights for Rob Snyder’s Revival night. I really like anything The Song Mill puts on too. Jaddis is a long time friend and is always fun to be around.
8. Is there anything else you would like to share?
I want to thank everyone that’s been following my journey. I’ve been extremely blessed my Gods been good.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
As long as I’m doing better today than I was yesterday I’m doing alright. – CP
Clay Page’s music has been defined as “backwoods, southern sounds in a world of new, traditional country music. After performing music for almost a decade, he has 2 studio albums and EPS: “Out in the Woods” and “Southbound.” His earlier EPs are available for purchase through hard copies only, “Homemade,” “Replay,” and a few other songs.
From 2014 to 2016 Clay did not only create his own lyrics and music but also engineered his songs from his own bedroom. By 20 years old, Clay was accomplishing some great things such as performing on many television and radio gigs and playing a few of the South’s most popular events and venues.
In 2018, Clay put out his first Nashville CD. The “Southbound” EP is already making a move across the country. On May 10, 2019, Clay put out his latest single “Crickets,” and it is available both on Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about the talented Clay Page then check out his website at (http://www.claypagecountry.com).
Social Media Accounts: