|1. Hi Jess, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?Honestly, I’ve always been a singer. My mom jokes that I came out of the womb singing! I’ve always been creative and loved writing, drawing, and music. I was also a cheerleader for a good part of my childhood, but singing was always my passion!|
2. How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it? I grew up on good old country music. Of course I listened to Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, and Reba, but I fell in love with 90s and early 2000s country. Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, and Lonestar were some of my favorites!
3. Who are some of your musical icons?Currently my favorites are Larkin Poe, The Civil Wars, Mumford and Sons, Chris Stapleton, and Kacey Musgraves!
4. What is the story behind your single “Bump in the Night?”I wrote this song with my friend Madison McKenzie! She had this idea coming into our co-write of Bump in the Night being this different way to tell a cheating story and from there it just came to life. It tells a haunting story of a woman who caught her man cheating. There’s a lot of ghost references that we slid in there to make it interesting!
5. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?I’m constantly working on new music and writing new songs! I hope to have more new music by the end of 2019, early 2020!
6. What are a few of your favorite events or venues to play at?My favorite venue in Nashville to play at is the Listening Room! It has this magic in the air. This is a place where people actually go to listen (not talk through) live music.
7. What is one of your favorite quotes?I have my favorite Bible verses everywhere from my living room to my phone background! My favorite is “2 Chronicles 15:7”- But as for you, be strong and don’t give up, for your hard work will be rewarded.
8. Is there anything else you would like share? I’m so excited to be releasing new music with a new sound and I really hope everyone loves it as much as I do! Thanks for having me on!