|1. Hi Jess, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?Honestly, I’ve always been a singer. My mom jokes that I came out of the womb singing! I’ve always been creative and loved writing, drawing, and music. I was also a cheerleader for a good part of my childhood, but singing was always my passion!|
2. How did you get into country music and how did you know you wanted a career in it? I grew up on good old country music. Of course I listened to Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, and Reba, but I fell in love with 90s and early 2000s country. Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, and Lonestar were some of my favorites!
3. Who are some of your musical icons?Currently my favorites are Larkin Poe, The Civil Wars, Mumford and Sons, Chris Stapleton, and Kacey Musgraves!
4. What is the story behind your single “Bump in the Night?”I wrote this song with my friend Madison McKenzie! She had this idea coming into our co-write of Bump in the Night being this different way to tell a cheating story and from there it just came to life. It tells a haunting story of a woman who caught her man cheating. There’s a lot of ghost references that we slid in there to make it interesting!
5. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?I’m constantly working on new music and writing new songs! I hope to have more new music by the end of 2019, early 2020!
6. What are a few of your favorite events or venues to play at?My favorite venue in Nashville to play at is the Listening Room! It has this magic in the air. This is a place where people actually go to listen (not talk through) live music.
7. What is one of your favorite quotes?I have my favorite Bible verses everywhere from my living room to my phone background! My favorite is “2 Chronicles 15:7”- But as for you, be strong and don’t give up, for your hard work will be rewarded.
8. Is there anything else you would like share? I’m so excited to be releasing new music with a new sound and I really hope everyone loves it as much as I do! Thanks for having me on!
Jess Taylor was born and grew up in South Flordia. She showcases new meaning on the Nashville country music scene with her eclectic alternative country/Americana vocals. Taylor has been surrounded by music since she was a young child; there is no doubt that Taylor was intended to become a wonderful singer/songwriter. She praises Miranda Lambert, The Civil Wars, Chris Stapleton and Mumford & Sons for her inspirations, but it was also her father who is a musician himself that actually inspired her to sing and write her own music.
At the age of four, Taylor took the stage to sing live for the very first time and has not looked back since. Taylor at fifteen was founded by an independent label and in no time was signed. At the age of sixteen she already put out three singles and her music video was featured on GAC and CMT.
Taylor is very thankful for all of the songs of her past, she is also excited to introduce her fans to a brand new image and sound. Leaning on faith, family and her friends, Taylor has already shown to be a talented new musician. Her talent, determination, hard work, and beauty are release through each song that she writes and perform.
In October 2017, Taylor released her single “Crooked Roots,” on Spotify, iTunes and other big digital streaming platforms. The song takes the spirit of a relationship where a woman who falls in love with the “bad guy” and gradually over time she started to lose her innocence and is drawn to the gloomy dark side.
Taylor is now writing and working on her next project, which is set to release at the beginning of Spring 2019. She newest single will be out on “Bump in the Night,” and it will be release on April 15, 2019. If you would like to find out more Jess Taylor then check out her website at (https://www.jesstaylormusic.com).
Social Media Accounts: