Background Story: Trevor Hewitt is a country singe and songwriter from Spartanburg, SC. He delivers a high energy to the stage with a combination of country, southern rock and witty tunes. On February 8, 2019 Hewitt put out his newest single “I’m Jumpin’ Too” and it is available to listen and download on Spotify and iTunes.Background Story: Trevor Hewitt is a country singe and songwriter from Spartanburg, SC. He delivers a high energy to the stage with a combination of country, southern rock and witty tunes. On February 8, 2019 Hewitt put out his newest single “I’m Jumpin’ Too” and it is available to listen and download on Spotify and iTunes.
1. Hi Trevor, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? Before I started my country music journey I served in the United States Marines Reserves as an Ammo Technician. After the Marine Corps I lead the praise and worship at a small local church for close to a year before I decided to take the leap and try country music.
2. When did you start listening to country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it? I was singing Garth Brooks at the top of my lungs when I was in grade school. He was my all time favorite. I knew I wanted to be like him at an early age. I sang “The Dance” at my first 9th grade recital.
3. Who are some of your musical icons? Garth of course. I grew up on The Marshall Tucker Band who is from my hometown. I spent a few years traveling with them and opening for them when I first got started. Toy Caldwell was my hero. The way he played and sang mesmerized me.
4. What is your favorite song off your latest EP “It Is What It Is?” My favorite song off the EP was “Stay”. It was one of the first songs I wrote to my beautiful wife Leslie and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2019? I plan on releasing a new EP in the summer of 2019. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes trying to get this music ready.
6. What is your process when recording music?I like to use my own musicians in the studio. A lot of people hire big time Nashville musicians which is an awesome thing to do but I like to have the guys who grind with me week in and week out on my music. It’s a different feeling when the song comes out. It’s weird but you can just feel it.
7. What are a few of your favorite venues to play at?I love playing weddings the most but my favorite place I’ve played so far would be the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC opening for Marshall Tucker. It was special.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? I love country music and everything about it. I hope that shows in my music and I hope everyone enjoys the new track. …
Social Media Accounts: