1. Hi Andrea, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?
I’ve always been into music whether it was singing or dancing from an early age. My love of country music was discovered at an early age growing up in Virginia. (Born in California, grew up in Virginia). I was always inspired by female powerhouses in the late 90s and early 2000’s. I moved back to California when I was a teenager and for college, I studied music business and vocal performance at the Musician’s Institute: College of Contemporary Music in Hollywood, CA. A few years after that I finally made the move to Nashville. I love it.
2. How did you start listening to country music?
My parents were always big on music of all genres. My first memories of starting to love country music as a kid was singing to Shania Twain, the Dixie Chicks and Faith Hill as a kid. From there it just evolved into me loving old school country and wanting to learn how to play the guitar.
3. When did you know you wanted a career in country music?
I always day dreamed about being a country music singer. I loved preforming as a kid and just always knew that’s what I wanted to do for a living.
4. Who are some of your musical icons?
My musical icons at the moment are Carrie Underwood and Maren Morris. Their sound is timeless, they are both country female power houses and preform the hell out of anything they sing.
5. What is the background story behind your latest single “Runnin’ Wild?”
Runnin’ Wild is one of those feel good songs that you can just play with your girlfriends before a night out, at a tailgate, party and it just makes you feel good and want to dance. I wrote this one with my good friend Emily Davis and it was produced by Jason Mater (Disney Publishing).
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
I’d like to be sharing my music around the world preforming and playing stages that I could only ever dream of. I want to always strive to make better music and to grow as an artist.
7. Is there anything else new coming up with your music in 2019?
There definitely be a music video coming soon for Runnin’ Wild and more singles to be released later this year!
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Good things take time”. Its a simple reminder I have to always tell myself when it comes to really anything, its important to be patient and positive and trust that good things are coming your way.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Be sure to follow on Spotify and social media to see what I’m up to! @dreavasquez, andreavasquezofficial.com