1. Hi Alex, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer?
Yeah, I’ve always had a passion for music grew up with it my whole life. Before becoming a country singer I was just your typical college guy, going to Arkansas State majoring in history and just having a blast in life. Working at a automotive shop and writing in my free time.
2. When did you start to listen to country music? I grew up on 90s country music so my first memories were of Garth, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Diamond Rio, and Bryan White
3. When did you know you wanted a career in country music? Well I grew up around music and always dreamed being on stage in front of people. I never thought about the fame. I always wanted to put on great shows and give the crowd something they’ve never experienced before.
4. Who are some of your musical icons?Bryan White, Chris Daughtry, The Swon Brothers, Garth Brooks, Chris Jansen and Dierks Bentley
5. What is the background story behind your latest single “Give Into Me?”Well it was written by myself and my buddy Curtis Tate. It’s more of country music meets some R&B lyrics. The song is a love story as well as an intimate scenario with the couple. The song is more or less when you get so invested someone that you “give into them” in a more intimate way. And even as the years go by they’re still in that same “honeymoon stage” of their relationship. Whether it be just dating or marriage. So it’s a lot deeper of a song when you really dive into the lyrics.
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2019? Yes there is actually we’re actually working on my very first EP, which I’m really excited about. I’ve put all my energy and heart into these songs. It’ll have something for everyone to jam to in it as well.
7. What is your favorite venue to play at? We play a lot on the Tin Roof circuit so it’s a tie with Tin Roof Memphis and Tin Roof Delray. The crowds are unbelievable. Just high energy and people who love music and having a good time.
8. If you could sing a duet with any singer or group who would it be and why? Shoot if I’m being honest I’d love to duet with Lainey Wilson, been following her career for awhile now. She’s just got such a pure voice and her live shows are just fantastic.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes? “If you don’t know where you’re going you will end up somewhere else.” “Lions don’t worry about the opinions of sheep.”
10.Is there anything else you would like to share? Just that I love this life, there’s nothing I’d rather do then just give a crowd an epic show, it’s the reason why I started. It was never about the exposure, popularity, money, etc. I mean yeah it’s nice but just for the love of music and letting people forget their troubles and take them to a place where they’re laughing, happy, and just having a good time. I can feel that on stage and it’s something you can’t forget.