- Hi Hayden, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician?I grew up in Dallas, TX. I played football all throughout high school. I decided to learn to play the guitar when I was about 15 years old, but never thought i’d have a career in music. I then went on to college at Texas A&M which is where I sang in front of anyone for the first time in my life.
- Who are some of your musical icons?A few of my musical icons are George Strait, Cody Johnson, and Jon Pardi
- When did you start listening country musician?I had listened to country music a little bit my whole life, but I really started playing it nonstop when i was about 12-13 years old.
- How did you know you wanted a career in country music? . Like I said, I never would’ve dreamed that i’d be pursuing this as a career. I was in College Station, TX one day at my apartment just practicing the guitar and singing a bit and there was a knock on my front door. It was a young lady from down the hall who said she heard me and wanted me to sing her a song. I tried my best to not do that, but between her and my roommate they talked me into it, and without me knowing it my roommate recorded me and put it out on social media. Now, here we are!
- What has been your favorite event to play at? My favorite event to play at was either The Rustic – Dallas, or opening for Jake Worthington in Brenham, TX at the 4 Star Concert Hall.
- How did you come up with the name “First Rodeo,” for your latest EP and what is your favorite song off it? The name “First Rodeo” was actually just the name of a song before it was the title to the album. When my team and I were coming up with album names, that was actually the first one I threw out and everyone seemed to like it since it’s my first album “First Rodeo” made sense. As for my favorite song, I can’t really pick one because I love them all, but my top two would have to be “Don’t Bother Calling” and “More Than Enough.”
- Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2019? 2019 is going to be a huge year for me! I am getting a band together right now, so hopefully we’ll be playing some bigger shows/venues and I’ll also have new music coming y’all’s way this year!
- If you had describe to your music/sound in three to five words, what words would your choose? Authentic Texas Country.
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.” -Davy Crockett
As a child, Hayden Haddock would watch the CMA Awards with his relatives and, he was fascinated by the music during the award show. He would sit so close to the TV and sing along to the performances. At the age of 14, he went to his first concert, Eric Church. After attending Church’s concert, he decided to take guitar lessons.
Just last year, he started his first year at Texas A&M University and was majoring in Construction Science. While Haddock was in his dorm, he heard a knock from a young girl. The girl had heard him playing his guitar and asked him if he would sing her a song. He tried everything he could to talk her out of it, but then his roommate came out and they both persuaded him to sing. He sang them a Luke Comb’s song and without him knowing his roommate filmed him and uploaded it on YouTube, and also sent out to people they knew. And this how his country music career started.
Whenever he had spare time, he practiced and wrote his own songs. He next played at a few local acoustic shows. Haddock is now performing every weekend around Texas with many TV appearances including Dallas’ ABC “Good Moring Texas,” “CBS Austin “We Are Austin,” and on CBS “Bryan/College Station’s Free Music Friday.” He has had also got the chance to open up for Ray Benson of Asleep at The Wheel and Casey Donahew and has played at the same events with Whiskey Myers, Cory Morrow and the Eli Young Band. Some of Haddock’s favorite musicians are rooted from his home state of Texas, with legends like George Strait and Cody Johnson and also country singers like Luke Combs, Jon Pardi and Eric Church.
Haddock debut album “First Rodeo,” was released in December 2018. On this album he worked with some famous names in the music industry, including 3 time Grammy award winning Tre Nagella at Luminous Sound in Dallas. Tre has worked with musicians such as Blake Shelton, Lady Gaga and Kirk Franklin.
As Haddock’s status continues to grow, he will be playing a lot more shows and more crowded concerts across the state and elsewhere including the event for The National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas to headlining shows in Clovis, New Mexico in March 2019.
Haddock’s music is available to listen and download on both Spotify and iTunes. If you would like to find out more about Hayden Haddock then check out his website https://haydenhaddock.com.
Social Media Accounts: