1. Hello Brittany, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country musician? Growing up I was involved in my church youth choir and I competed in pageants and talent competitions around the state of NC, so music has been a big part of my life for quite some time! I attended East Carolina University where I graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work. But, my heart was with music, so two months after my college graduation I packed up and moved to Nashville.
2. What has been your favorite venue to play at so far in your music career? So far, The Stewart Theatre in Dunn, NC has been my favorite venue to play at mainly because it was my first hometown show where I performed my original music and the theatre was nearly sold out with close to 500 people in attendance. It was such a great time!
3. What goes into naming a EP? I’m sure quite a bit of brainstorming! But, the only EP I have released so far was a self-titled EP.
4. Is there anything new coming up with your music in 2019? I hope for more shows and more new music to be released. I do plan to film an acoustic video for my current single in the very near future.
5. Who are some of your musical icons? I have always been a big fan of the powerhouse vocalists such as Martina McBride, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, LeAnn Rimes and bluegrass songstress Alison Krauss.
6. What is the background story behind your latest song “Playing With Fire?” This song is about having feelings for someone that you know is bad for you and will keep breaking your heart, but you still keep going back to them hoping things will change. So, in essence you’re “Playing With Fire”.
7. If you have to describe your music in three words, what would they be? Real, Catchy, JAMS 🙂
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven…” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? I am a cat mom to a 10 year old tabby cat named Ozzy!