1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of oatmeal
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter
4 cups of diced rhubarb
1 cup of white sugar
2 tbls of cornstarch
1 cup of water
1 tsp of vanilla
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, brown sugar, and butter. Split the mixture in half and press half into a greased 8×8 glass pan. Add rhubarb over the pressed crust.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla. Cook until the liquid boils and turns clear. (It won’t turn completely clear, but it will be a lot clearer than when you first mixed the ingredients together)
3. Once clear, pour the syrup over the crust and rhubarb.
4. Sprinkle the other half of the crust over the top of the rhubarb.
5. Cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees
6. Serve by itself of with ice cream or whipped cream