1 7 OZ. Jar Macadamia nuts, divided
1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
2 packages (6 oz. each) white baking bars, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a blender or food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade, finely chop 1/2 cup macadamia nuts with 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
3. Place in a medium-sized bowl & add the graham cracker crumbs & melted butter; mix well.
4. Press into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan.
5. In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, the
remaining cup of sugar and the eggs until smooth. Add the sour cream, then the melted white baking bars, mixing until well combined after each addition.
6. With a knife, coarsely chop the remaining macadamia nuts and stir into the cream cheese mixture.
7. Pour over the crust and bake for 45-50 minutes, until almost set in the center. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for one hour.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
NOTE: For even more pizzazz, garnish the top with some dark chocolate -dipped macadamia nuts.
*Cheesecakes have a tendency to crack or split on the top. I usually put some oven-proof container, pot, pan, whatever with water in it in the oven with the cheesecake while it cooks. That add the extra moisture and prevents the cracking.