1. Hi Seth, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became country artist/songwriter? I’ve been performing music since around the age of 5, but outside of music, I played sports in high school. Both varsity basketball and varsity tennis. I still play basketball from time to time including some games on the road between shows. As a kid, I spent a lot of my time traveling on club teams and playing year-round sports.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and what made you want a career in it? I grew up listening to all kinds of music including Motown, Pop, Rock ‘n’ Roll, and Country. I remember at a young age listening to Vince Gill and other great artists with my parents. Country music is known for its lyrics and having something to say. Not that other genres don’t, but country ideas and lyrics align more with my life. I grew up in a small town in Indiana and although I didn’t grow up on a farm I can relate to the lifestyle that country songs talk about. I hope that my music makes you want to dance and have a good time. Having a carer in country music has given me the opportunity to show people a good time!
3. Who are some of your musical icons? Michael Jackson, Vince Gill, The Beatles, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, John Mayer, Keith Urban, Charlie Puth, Thomas Rhett, Prince, Justin Timberlake….just to name a few!
4. What is the background story behind your latest single “Show Em’ How It’s Done?”
I wrote that song with two great friends of mine. In fact, it was our very first co-write together. The song idea was based around having a great time with someone you’re diggin’ on and giving them the attention they deserve for how awesome they are. Essentially saying, let’s show everybody else in the room how to have a great time!
5. Is there anything else coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
Yes! We are planning a release of some new music on November 30th that I am super excited about. It should give people even more to dance about!
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
I have a really great feeling about what my producer Matt and I have been working on with this new music. In the next few years I would love to be traveling the world, playing on big stages for thousands of people and have songs at the top of the charts.
7. If you could sing a duet with any artist or group would it be and why?
I’ve got so many influences but if I could collaborate with an artist, it’d be Charlie Puth. He’s a total music nerd and I sometimes feel the same way haha. Similar age and were inspired by a lot of the same music. I think maybe one day, we’ll get to work on a song together.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“You’ve got to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything” is my favorite quote. My mom used to tell us that every first day of school, for 13 years.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
My new single is out everywhere and I really hope you’ll check it out, maybe you’ll start dancing in your seat! It’s a fun song, and I hope that y’all dig it and will share it with.