1. Hello Brooke, can you tell me a little bit about your apparel line? We carry a variety of wholesalers and also have our own vintage upcycled line called Branded by Brooke. It consists of plaids, old band tee’s, leopard, & fringe! I would say that Soul Revival’s style is “Where the Southern Gypsy meets the Western Hippie.” We love boho cowgirl style and mixing it up with some sassy southern charm.
2. How did you decide on the name “Soul Revival Boutique,” and was there any other names that you were thinking about instead? My husband and I went on a missions trip a year before we opened Soul Revival in 2015. “Soul” is the spirit within us & “Revival” is an awakening! I just thought what a perfect saying for what SO many o f us need. We give back a portion of all sales to various missions and that idea was birthed after our life changing trip to Nicaragua. It was never meant to just be a “boutique”, but bring people closer to God and to serve others too.
3. Where do you see “Soul Revival Boutique” in the next 5 to 10 years? WHOA – I definitely see us getting a warehouse, possibly doing wholesale orders down the road, and speaking at events (whether they are Christian Conferences or Business Summits)! I would love to eventually have a booth at the NFR & PBR events.
4. Have any famous people worn any of your items before? We have had Tara Thompson (she is a country artist and one of CMA’s Next Women of Country) and Jenna Michelle (DJ Silver’s Wife) rock our styles. We have been SO honored to work with many of Rodeo’s & Western Fashion elite!
5. Is there anything new coming up with your company for the rest of 2018? We have pop up shows throughout middle Tennessee in our mobile Airstream boutique and will be in Nashville for Vintage Market Days!
6. What was the first item you made or sold for “Soul Revival Boutique?” The first item we ever sold was a denim button down!
7. What advice would you give to an up and coming apparel company? Pray! Work it every day. Never stop learning and trying!
8. What is one your favorite quotes? I don’t have a favorite quote per say, but I have always thought – Jeremiah 29:11 was my life verse. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. It’s a great reminder that God is always for us. He’s not going to lead me astray or abandon me. His plans are always greater than mine & to trust Him!