- Being from the south, I love to cook! Not many recipes are super healthy though! One of my faves to share and that my family loves is Crunchy Chicken Casserole.
1. Hello Brooke, can you tell me a little bit about your apparel line? We carry a variety of wholesalers and also have our own vintage upcycled line called Branded by Brooke. It consists of plaids, old band tee’s, leopard, & fringe! I would say that Soul Revival’s style is “Where the Southern Gypsy meets the Western Hippie.” We love boho cowgirl style and mixing it up with some sassy southern charm.
2. How did you decide on the name “Soul Revival Boutique,” and was there any other names that you were thinking about instead? My husband and I went on a missions trip a year before we opened Soul Revival in 2015. “Soul” is the spirit within us & “Revival” is an awakening! I just thought what a perfect saying for what SO many o f us need. We give back a portion of all sales to various missions and that idea was birthed after our life changing trip to Nicaragua. It was never meant to just be a “boutique”, but bring people closer to God and to serve others too.
3. Where do you see “Soul Revival Boutique” in the next 5 to 10 years? WHOA – I definitely see us getting a warehouse, possibly doing wholesale orders down the road, and speaking at events (whether they are Christian Conferences or Business Summits)! I would love to eventually have a booth at the NFR & PBR events.
4. Have any famous people worn any of your items before? We have had Tara Thompson (she is a country artist and one of CMA’s Next Women of Country) and Jenna Michelle (DJ Silver’s Wife) rock our styles. We have been SO honored to work with many of Rodeo’s & Western Fashion elite!
5. Is there anything new coming up with your company for the rest of 2018? We have pop up shows throughout middle Tennessee in our mobile Airstream boutique and will be in Nashville for Vintage Market Days!
6. What was the first item you made or sold for “Soul Revival Boutique?” The first item we ever sold was a denim button down!
7. What advice would you give to an up and coming apparel company? Pray! Work it every day. Never stop learning and trying!
8. What is one your favorite quotes? I don’t have a favorite quote per say, but I have always thought – Jeremiah 29:11 was my life verse. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. It’s a great reminder that God is always for us. He’s not going to lead me astray or abandon me. His plans are always greater than mine & to trust Him!
Brooke Carmean is the founder and owner of Soul Revival Boutique. Carmean is a southern girl and was born and raised in Athens, Georgia. She lived in Georgia until she was 25 years old. She move to Oklahoma City and after living there for a whole year, her life was changed in a very good way. She started dating her now husband and he relocated her to Ohio. Carmean started a career as a Registered Nurse, which then led her to a new adventure.
After attending a medical missions trip to Nicaragua with Church of the Nations in 2014, she saw how so many people live in poverty. Carmean was heartbroken over this experience and wanted to make a better impact and try to help these people. When she started brainstorming Soul Revival, she chose to give back a fraction of the proceeds to many missions.
Here is a short summary of how Carmean feels about giving back to people who are in need: “For me it was a done deal. God has given us so much and the least I could do was make a way to honor, share, and glorify His name. Also without y’all, our gorgeous customers, we wouldn’t be able to do that. With every single order, I pray over those who have placed a sale with us. That the Lord can do amazing things in your life and to never take anything for granted. All the glory goes to God and I’m just so thankful we get to give back and make a positive impact in others lives. That is what He longs for us to do – LOVE others and SERVE. Tell the world, y’all. (Mark 16:15). (BC’s own words)
Revival: Means to bring life and also an awakening.
Soul:Is the spirit within us.
Soul Revival: Is what our world so badly needs and we try to make a good impact on others less fortunate than us
Carmean was raised in church and not until she was in her early 20’s, did she really start to understand the love that our Father has for us. She always had a relationship with Christ, since she was a child, but did not really knew the concept of what it meant to be loved by God.
She enjoys bringing her fun and different mix of fashion sense to everyone who visits her boutique. Growing up around horses, rodeo and the western/country lifestyle, and being a offspring of Cherokee Indian heritage, she wanted to offer rare one of kind clothing with a southern chic feel and western flair that you could not find at other stores. If you would like to find out more about Brooke Carmean and Soul Revival Boutique then check out this website https://www.shopsoulrevival.com.
Social Media Accounts: