1. Hi Tori, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you
became a country musician?
So I grew up in a small town in North Florida called Lake City. I was a
Pastor’s kid all my life and I was involved in church plays and musicals
from the time I could speak. I started writing songs when I was around 8
years old, so I really don’t remember much of my life without music being
a huge part of it! It was just something that came natural to me.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and when did you
know you wanted a career in it?
I grew up with Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, George Strait and Rascal Flatts
playing in the car on every drive and in my house all the time. One thing
that really drew me in to every one of the country songs I heard was the
story behind it. The lyrics could make me feel like I had experienced what
they were singing about, or take me back to a time when I did experience
that. I always loved music in general, but I think the songwriting and
personal aspect of country music is what drew me in to that genre.
3. What is the story behind your latest single “Fight for Me?”
So I moved to Nashville for the summer of 2017, and Fight For Me was
one of the first songs I wrote while I was there. It was a rainy day in my
apartment, and I sat down at the piano and decided to write something
kinda heavy. I wanted there to be a lot of emotion in this story. When I
thought of those three words, “Fight For Me,” it was like a movie started
playing in my head and the story of the song just unfolded and in literally
30 minutes I had the song basically done. It was that simple. It doesn’t
always happen like that, but for Fight For Me it did.
4. Who are some of your musical icons?
Tori Kelly, Taylor Swift, Dan + Shay, Kelsea Ballerini, Thomas Rhett,
Carrie Underwood, ahh I could name so many! Taylor swift was the first
country artist (back when she was country) who made me want to write
my own songs. When her first album came out I would try to write songs
that sounded like hers. But seriously all of those artists have inspired me
in so many ways and that list could go on forever.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of
2018? YES!! I have LOTS of new music coming very soon! I’m
working really hard in the studio right now to get these songs
perfect but they are coming soon and I am stoked about it!
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
In the next five years I’d love to have released a full length album and be
touring the US or even the world sharing my music! Also, my dream is to
have the means to open up and orphanage in Africa, so hopefully within
the next 10 years that’ll be happening!
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who
would it be and why?
This is a tough one… Probably Dan + Shay because they have magical
vocals and I really love their songwriting and feel like it matches my vibe
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Don’t be a copy when you were created to be an original…
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Y’all follow my Instagram @torijacksonmusic for updates on
new music and shows!
Country artist Tori Jackson put out her first EP in 2016. The EP was recorded in Nashville, TN and the songs on this EP shares about having self-respect and self-confidence. At 19 years old, Jackson has already achieved many things in her young music career.
She has got the chance to be an opening act for Jake Owen and Restless Heart. Also Jackson has got to played at the legendacy Bluebird Café and many other popular restaurants and bars in the Nashville Metro area. Her first EP was also recorded in Nashville with Grammy Award Winning Artists.
Jackson is from the state of Flordia and she has got the chance to toured all of north-central Flordia performing at some of the states biggest country festivals, including Party in the Pines and the Suwannee River Jam. While making a name for herself all over the state of Flordia, she has also continued writing her own original songs and co-writing with well-known writers in Nashville.
With her success in the country music world, Jackson has got the chance to give back in different ways to her hometown and other parts of the world by singing at charity shows and even going on mission trips to countries like Guatemala and Africa.
If you would like find out more about Tori Jackson then check out her website http://www.torijacksonmusic.com. Also if you get a chance go take a listen and download her latest single “ Fight for Me.”
Social Media Accounts:
- I don’t know if you like Octopus, but I have a delicious Sautéed Octopus recipe hopefully you’d like! Haha! I love to cook and usually am experimental in the kitchen, but I’ve buttoned down a recipe for preparing Octopus!
Buy an Octopus (about 3-4 pounds) and have the fish monger remove the eyes and beak.
Wash the octopus thoroughly and fill a large pot of water. Add salt, peppercorns and a few cloves of garlic to the water (also drop 2 wine corks into the water and let it float which helps tenderize the octopus).
Place the whole octopus in the water (enough water to cover the meat) and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 45-90 minutes depending on the size.
After time’s up, remove the octopus and start cutting the tentacles off into bite sized pieces. The rest of the body, chop into rings like you would calamari!
Heat a pan with Olive Oil and a half stick of butter.
Toss the octopus meat in salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and a lot of Paprika.
Sautee the meat until it has a little bit of char. The boiling has cooked the octopus fully, so only sautee for about 10-15 minutes on medium high heat!
Ben Cesare is a country lead singer and acoustic guitar player. He has been a live performer both in New England and Nashville for about 10 years now. Cesare has got the chance to play at different popular music venues such as VFWs and the Hard Rock Café in Boston. Some famous musicians who also played at the Hard Rock Café have been Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Shakira.
The Ben Cesare Band has been lucky to be an opening act for some popular musicians such as The Bacon Brothers (rock band of actor Kevin Bacon), country artist Kellie Pickler, and country singer Phil Vassar. Most recently Cesare got the chance to open up for Darius Rucker (country singer and former lead singer for the band Hootie & The Blowfish). Some of Cesare favorite artists and bands are Toby Keith, Chris Stapleton, Brothers Osborne, Garth Brooks and The Zac Brown Band.
Cesare’s debut single “Damn Yankee” and the band’s upcoming EP, “Cesare’s Palace,” was recorded at Legend’s Studio in a town called Berry Hill, which is located in Nashville, TN. The EP will be available to listen and download this Friday on August 24, 2018. Cesare and the rest of the band music is a combination of three genres country, rock and blues.
If you would like to find out more about The Ben Cesare Band then check out their website https://www.bencesareband.com.
- Ben Cesare: Front Man/Lead Singer/ Acoustic Guitar
- Amanda McCoy: Bass/Background Vocals
- Alex Labrie: Electric/Acoustic Guitar
- Brandon Barnes: Drums
- Brett Sandler: Piano/Keyboard
Social Media Accounts:
Country singer and songwriter Nick Alligood is from Georgia aka: The “Peach State.” Since early on, Alligood has been eager to “fill the boots” of singers that have paved the way for the latest recent country sound, without drifting from his true self.
Alligood won the award for Male Country Artist of the Year at the 2014 Georgia Music Awards. This achievement inspired him to move to Nashville. He has since been an opening act for many popular artists such as Easton Corbin, Big and Rich, Colt Ford and many others. In only two years Alligood’s social media platforms has started out at 1,500 followers to now over a 100,000 followers.
Alligood loves interacting and communicating on a personal level with individuals who support him as singer and songwriter. Alligood is known as a great songwriter and most recently his song “When I Get There,” was sang by fellow Georgia country musician Trea Landon. This song was played on SiriusXM’s The Highway. Also please be on the lookout for Alligood’s newest single “Drinkin’ You Back,” and download it when it comes out.
If you would like to find out more about Nick Alligood then check out his website http://www.nickalligood.com.
1. Hello Nick, how have you grown as a country musician/songwriter in the past year? THE PAST YEAR HAS BEEN AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY! I AHVE RELEASED TWO SONGS IN THAT TIME PERIOD THAT HAVE FAR EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS, AND THE WAY MY FAN HAVE RESPONDED TO THE DIRECTION IM HEADED WITH MY MUSIC IS UNBELIEVABLE! NOT TO MENTION HAVING A SONG I WROTE FEATURED ON SIRIUS XM THE HIGHWAY (“WHEN I GET THERE” BY TREA LANDON) EXTREMELY ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT FEW MONTHS-YEAR HAVE IN STORE FOR ME!
2. How did you come up with the name “Drinkin’ You Back” for your upcoming single? WE (MYSELF AND CHRIS YARBER) WERE TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING CLEVER AND THE HOOK JUST KINDA LANDED IN OUR LAP. AND THE SONG WAS FINSIHED IN A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR OR SO! SOMETIMES ITS JUST AS EASY AS THAT HAHA
3. What is the background story behind your new song? BASICALLY ITS FOR ANYONE WHOS GONE THROUGH A BREAK UP AND TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET OVER THAT PERSON. PERSONALLY, IT HITS CLOSE TO HOME. IM RECENTLY OUT OF A LONG TERM RLATIONSHIP AND NATURALLY YOU SEARCH FOR THINGS TO HELP EASE THE PAIN, ALTHOUGH IT CAN BE HURTFUL, WE ALLL MUST ADMIT ALCOHOL IS THE GO TO. IN THIS CASE (THE SONG) IT ONLY MAKES YOU THINK OF THEM MORE.
4. Is there something you wish your fans would take away from this song? DONT FALL IN LOVE. JK HAHAHA ITS JUST A FUN SONG POKING FUN AT INSECURITIES AND BAD (MAYBE EVEN GOOD) DECISIONS
5. Was there any other artists/producers that helped to create this new tune? I WROTE THE SONG WITH CHRIS YARBER (THIS MUSIC/WARNER CHAPPEL) AND SID MENON (PREVIOUSLY CHRIS LANES BASS PLAYER)
6. Is there anything coming up with your music for the rest of 2018? WE PLAN TO FOLLOW THIS SINGLE UP WITH ONE MORE SINGLE AND AN EP ALBUM AS WELL AS GETTING BACK ON THE ROAD TO SEE EVERYONE!
7. Is there anything else you would like to share? ID LOVE IT IF EVERYONE COULD CHECK OUT MY NEW SINGLE (THEY CAN CLICK ON THIS LINK AND IT WILL TAKE THEM DIRECTLY TO WHICHEVER PLATFORM THATD LIKE TO PURCHASE https://onerpm.lnk.to/DrinkinYouBack AND FOLLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
@Dixiedeeblog brand new country spotify playlist has landed!!! Check out #ddcountry tunes now every week. Each week there will be updated playlist with the newest and most popular country songs out right now!!!
Country musician Adam Rutledge is from Roanoke, VA. Rutledge is known for his great songwriting skills. His writing caught attention of country artist Phil Vassar through a connection with longtime Vassar collaborator, Jeff Smith. This results Vassar in mentioning Rutledge, as a management client and an opening act.
Rutledge is also known for his lively and entertaining shows. He has also got the chance to share the stage with artists and groups such as Chris Janson, Old Dominion, Brothers Osborne, Russell Dickerson, Lauren Alaina and Chase Rice.
Rutledge’s latest music video for his song “Love Kickin’ In,” recently was shown on the CMT website and was #1 spot for most watched video. Phil Vassar and Amy Millslagle of i81 Entertainment manage Rutledge. He also has a huge social media following on all popular plat-forms. On Instagram he has over 13.2K followers, over 16K likes on Facebook and 4,400 followers on Twitter.
If you would like to find out more about Adam Rutledge then check out his website https://adamrutledgemusic.com.
Social Media Accounts: