Country singer and songwriter Nick Alligood is from Georgia aka: The “Peach State.” Since early on, Alligood has been eager to “fill the boots” of singers that have paved the way for the latest recent country sound, without drifting from his true self.
Alligood won the award for Male Country Artist of the Year at the 2014 Georgia Music Awards. This achievement inspired him to move to Nashville. He has since been an opening act for many popular artists such as Easton Corbin, Big and Rich, Colt Ford and many others. In only two years Alligood’s social media platforms has started out at 1,500 followers to now over a 100,000 followers.
Alligood loves interacting and communicating on a personal level with individuals who support him as singer and songwriter. Alligood is known as a great songwriter and most recently his song “When I Get There,” was sang by fellow Georgia country musician Trea Landon. This song was played on SiriusXM’s The Highway. Also please be on the lookout for Alligood’s newest single “Drinkin’ You Back,” and download it when it comes out.
If you would like to find out more about Nick Alligood then check out his website http://www.nickalligood.com.
1. Hello Nick, how have you grown as a country musician/songwriter in the past year? THE PAST YEAR HAS BEEN AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY! I AHVE RELEASED TWO SONGS IN THAT TIME PERIOD THAT HAVE FAR EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS, AND THE WAY MY FAN HAVE RESPONDED TO THE DIRECTION IM HEADED WITH MY MUSIC IS UNBELIEVABLE! NOT TO MENTION HAVING A SONG I WROTE FEATURED ON SIRIUS XM THE HIGHWAY (“WHEN I GET THERE” BY TREA LANDON) EXTREMELY ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT FEW MONTHS-YEAR HAVE IN STORE FOR ME!
2. How did you come up with the name “Drinkin’ You Back” for your upcoming single? WE (MYSELF AND CHRIS YARBER) WERE TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING CLEVER AND THE HOOK JUST KINDA LANDED IN OUR LAP. AND THE SONG WAS FINSIHED IN A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR OR SO! SOMETIMES ITS JUST AS EASY AS THAT HAHA
3. What is the background story behind your new song? BASICALLY ITS FOR ANYONE WHOS GONE THROUGH A BREAK UP AND TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET OVER THAT PERSON. PERSONALLY, IT HITS CLOSE TO HOME. IM RECENTLY OUT OF A LONG TERM RLATIONSHIP AND NATURALLY YOU SEARCH FOR THINGS TO HELP EASE THE PAIN, ALTHOUGH IT CAN BE HURTFUL, WE ALLL MUST ADMIT ALCOHOL IS THE GO TO. IN THIS CASE (THE SONG) IT ONLY MAKES YOU THINK OF THEM MORE.
4. Is there something you wish your fans would take away from this song? DONT FALL IN LOVE. JK HAHAHA ITS JUST A FUN SONG POKING FUN AT INSECURITIES AND BAD (MAYBE EVEN GOOD) DECISIONS
5. Was there any other artists/producers that helped to create this new tune? I WROTE THE SONG WITH CHRIS YARBER (THIS MUSIC/WARNER CHAPPEL) AND SID MENON (PREVIOUSLY CHRIS LANES BASS PLAYER)
6. Is there anything coming up with your music for the rest of 2018? WE PLAN TO FOLLOW THIS SINGLE UP WITH ONE MORE SINGLE AND AN EP ALBUM AS WELL AS GETTING BACK ON THE ROAD TO SEE EVERYONE!
7. Is there anything else you would like to share? ID LOVE IT IF EVERYONE COULD CHECK OUT MY NEW SINGLE (THEY CAN CLICK ON THIS LINK AND IT WILL TAKE THEM DIRECTLY TO WHICHEVER PLATFORM THATD LIKE TO PURCHASE https://onerpm.lnk.to/DrinkinYouBack AND FOLLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA