1. Hi Adam, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you became a country musician?
I’ve been into music my whole life. I started playing drums when I was 5 or so, I grew up singing in church choir, played clarinet and saxophone in middle school and picked up guitar when I was 13 after hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Freebird.” Keith Urban’s Golden Road record is what turned me onto todays Country Music though. I really like his guitar driven sound. Same with Jason Aldean….guitar heavy music is my favorite.
2. How did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it?
My mom gave me Keith Urban’s Golden Road record and that’s when I knew that Country Music would be my home. I was in a Southern Rock band prior to that and it had fizzled out and I was looking for a new direction. Keith’s record gave me that direction.
3. How did you come up with your latest album name “Runaway,” and what is your favorite song off the album?
It kinda tied into the first single “Love Kickin In.”The Chorus says “It feels like a jet plane on a runway about to fly.” I also felt like this record was the “taking off” point of my career. It’s tough to pick a favorite because it changes from time to time but right now I’d have to say its “Wherever The Nigh Takes Us.” I really love how that one turned out. It’s really big sonically!
4. Who are some of your musical icons?
Lynyrd Skynyrd, KISS, Slash form Guns N Roses, Keith Urban, Gov’t Mule. Lynyrd Skynyrd is why I picked up guitar. They’re the reason I’m here. My dad took me to see KISS when I was 15 and my mind was completely blown after seeing that show. KISS and Skynyrd are the 2 major influences for sure. Skynyrd lit the fire in me and KISS poured on the gasoline.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
I’ll be out touring promoting the new record. There may be a new music video coming up this year, and of course I’ll be writing for the next record!
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
I want to be a household name. I want to be able to go out and sell tickets in every city we play. That’s the main thing for me is connecting with a live audience. Radio airplay is great but if I can continue to sell tickets everywhere I go then I’ll be happy.
7. If you could a duet with a singer or group who would it be and why?
I’d love to duet with Phil Vassar (He co-manages me) We’ve been taking about it so I feel like that’ll happen at some point. I’d also love to work with Old Dominion. I love those guys. Matt Ramsey from Old Dominion grew up near where I did so I kinda feel like he’s a hometown guy and he can write one heck of a song!
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Be so good they can’t ignore you” – Steve Martin
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
I just wanna thank everyone who’s ever believed in me, who’s ever paid a cover or bought a ticket to come see me play, who’s bought a t-shirt or cd with my name on it. Proving to them they they were right for believing in me is what drives me.