- Madison Cunningham “Beauty Into Clichés”: Madison Cunningham’s new song “Beauty Into Clichés,” tells the story about how people in a society have a propensity of overlooking and not completely understanding what is around us.
- Hannah Dasher “Stoned Age”: On Hannah Dasher’s new tune “Stoned Aged,” it has wonderful lyrics and her vocals are a perfect fit for this song.
- Regan Stewart “Stereotypical Girls”: Country singer Regan Stewart’s new song “Stereotypical Girls,” is a song that many people can connect to. Also this song shares about how we all have different lives, but at the end of the day we are all trying to be the same and have a happy life.
- Colter Wall “Plain to See Plainsman”: Colter Wall’s new single “Plain to See Plainsman,” tells the story about how Wall is paying tribute to his home country.
- James Carothers “Sinners and Saints”: James Carothers’ pays tribute to a well-known country artist on his new album, which will come out on September 7, 2018. Carothers’ does a cover of George Jones’ song “Sinners and Saints,” from his 1999 album “Cold Hard Truth.” Carothers pretty much sticks to the original but also adds his own touches to the song.
- California Country is country musician Stephen Ray’s new 11 tracks album. This great new album is available on all popular music outlets.
1. Hi Stephen, how have you grown as country singer in 2018?
I feel that with the release of my new album, California Country, I’ve grown as an artist by continuing to build my repertoire of music. Over the years, I’ve released numerous albums with different bands (rock, punk, you name it!). It’s such a great feeling to have spent the last few years now working on a country album and being able to release and perform it live.
2. How did you come up with the name of your new album “California Country?”
Back in 2012, I started writing a song about Stagecoach, which is a country music festival in California. At the time, the song was called “Stagecoach Crowd”. The song evolved over (well, 6 years) of writing it and I eventually called it California Country. To me though, it’s not just the name of a song, but also a lifestyle In a way, it is also a music genre of it’s own.
3. What is your favorite song from your new album?
That’s tough to say! I really enjoy performing Home Team, High Top Chucks and Springtime Sun, but I also believe Wide Awake Dreaming has the most dynamic to it making it a very powerful song. My favorite changes every day! Today, I’d have to say it’s Wide Awake Dreaming… or maybe Losing 🙂
4. Is there something you wish your fans would take away from this song?
Wide Awake Dreaming is about taking on an adventure with someone you love. It’s about working hard through sleepless nights and long days while you work toward a greater goal. I hope it can help inspire people to not only dream, but to be wide awake while they do it. I’m a believe that good things don’t come to people who wait, but people who work hard every day for what they are seeking.
5. Was there any other artists/producers that helped to create your new album?
Doug Allen produced the majority of this album with me. He has had the biggest impact in being able to get this album created and I can’t thank him enough. He not only produced and engineered all of the recording process, but also performed alot of lead guitar and vocals throughout the album with me. Jake Pooser, John McConaghy were also there every step of the way. I also have to credit Norv Turner, my brother Adam, Kyle Castellanni, Dusty Boyle, Jonny Williams, Kevin Childs and Jake Antelis for supporting on various songs along the way.
6. Is there anything else coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
My plan now is to continue to promote the album as much as possible, hopefully land a song or two on any radio outlets and also play shows. I am in the process of getting the band together to be able to play full shows. We’ve started already with a string of acoustic sets through San Diego and Nashville and are going to continue to try and get this album out there however we can.
7. Is there anything else you would like to share?
My biggest request is to simply check listen to the album! It’s available on Spotify, Apple, etc. and I appreciate you adding it to your playlists and sharing with your social networks! My Instagram and Twitter is @StephenRayMusic. Thank you!
Jessie’s Mum Magical Chocolate Fudge Cake:
In 2017, in a small room that was changed into a recording studio on the South Coast, Jessie Mary and Pete Briley wrote together their debut song. The song is a slow ballad that is about Mary’s hometown and it would create a springboard from which the duo would put out their first album. The album will probably come out in the month of October.
Hengistbury’s has a unique country sound with a combination o folk music and their own roots from both areas of the Atlantic that is both entertaining and electrifying. Hengistbury’s debut song, “What Folks Don’t Know,” is available to listen on all popular music platforms around the world.
If you would like to find out more about Jessie and Pete then check out their website www.hengistburymusic.com.
Social Media Accounts:
- Photo Credit: Travis Shinn
Hi. Before this album, Heartbreak and Canyon Revelry, I released two others and an EP. I’ve been singing and performing my whole life.
I’ve been surrounded by all kinds of music constantly my whole life. Country music was played alongside Rock and Roll, R&B and soul, Big Band, and classical. My family has always been enveloped in music and we were always taught to appreciate good music and love it regardless of type.
Wow, I think there might be too many to name but the top few who come to mind are Bonnie Raitt, Tina Turner, my dad, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Joni Mitchell, Elton John
The title for the album just fell into place. It just came to me one day a while ago. I feel it perfectly encompasses what the album is about.
I love them all. I’m particularly proud of my lyrics in Sleepless Night and Revel Young
We’re just going to keep playing live as much as we can. I just confirmed another run of dates supporting my friend Cody Jinks in August in Southern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Writing, recording, performing live. Hopefully we’ll keep having the opportunities to play for as many people as possible.
Again, there may be too many to list. I would be honored to have the chance to share a duet with most any artist. In my support dates with Cody Jinks this past spring he would join us onstage every night to share the vocals with me on our rendition of Little Feat’s song “Willin’”. That was just too great.
“I remember that time you told me, you said ‘love is touching souls’, we’ll surely you’ve touched mine because part of you pours out of me in these lines from time to time.”
My new album Heartbreak and Canyon Revelry is available on all streaming sites including iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon. You can also order physical copies from my website ThePearlBand.com
- Photo Credit: Travis Shinn
Pearl Aday is following up from her critically praised first record “Little Immaculate White Fox” in 2015 with “Heartbreak and Canyon Revelry.” Aday worked again with Jim Wilson, who is a long time bassist for Daniel Lanois, Emmylou Harris, and he is also a leader of his own successful groups, Motor Sister and Motor Superior.
This new combo has a California Country sound, with helped from famous guitarist Philip Sayce, the legendary Jay Dee Maness on pedal steel, Fred Mandel (Alice Cooper, Elton John, and Queen) on keyboards and was produced by Jay Ruston.
If you would like to find out more about Pearl Aday then check out her website (http://thepearlband.com).
Social Media Accounts: