1. Hi Mitchell, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer/songwriter? I was an athlete in high school and got awarded Allstate in basketball and baseball. Then received a scholarship to play baseball in college. It was around this time that I started playing music. It quickly became my passion and I lost interest in pursuing sports.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and how did youk now you wanted a career in it? I have been a fan since I can remember. My father was a country music singer and passed down his love of music to my siblings and I. As far as I can remember my mother has been the song leader at church, playing guitar and writing gospel songs. So I would say that they both definitely had a hand in molding me to where I am today.
3. How did you come up with your name of latest EP “The Lepa Tapes” and what is your favorite song off the EP? It stands for Life Effects Pro Audio. It is the name of the production company in Allen, Oklahoma where we had recorded the EP. They still do live sound but the recording studio has been shut down. My favorite track off the EP is probably “Rolling Stone.”
4. Who are some of your musical icons? Waylon Jennings is close to the top. He is my fathers favorite. I also love Dwight Yoakham and Hal Ketchum. Grunge rock has also been a staple for me too. Stuff like Stone Temple Pilots and Alice In Chains. But my favorite over all songwriters are probably Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018? Our first full length record titled “Roots Run Deep” will be out this year and we are really, really looking forward to its release.
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years? Hopefully growing as a band, writing better songs and continuing this journey!
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why? Jason Isbell. I really admire his songwriting.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.” – Coach Tony Wellington.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Everyone go checkout our website www.mitchelltrimmerband.com Follow us on social media, listen to our EP and tell all your friends. Get out and support live music. Lastly, stay tuned for our album!