From across the pond and to the Lower Manhattan, a new music inspired fashion store “Any Old Iron” opened it doors in the L.E.S., New York 5 years ago. Any Old Iron concentrates in selling rare and UK-inspired menswear and womanswear. The bulk of the collections contained are high-class brands such as Bologaro Trevor, Vivienne Westwood, Religion, Tatty Devine and Jeffery West.
The store was created by designer/stylist, Andy Clancey (www.clangerstyle.com) and arts-entrepreneur, Christopher Melton. The store’s name comes from an olden cry of a scrap man who was collecting metal with his horse and cart, and also hearkens to Clancey’s family scrap metal business, which was founded in 1872. “Any Old Iron,” is also an Old English music hall song, the tune tells a story about a young man’s sartorial dandyism- a feature that is definitely English, and, ever-present in the shop’s design and the crowd of British designers featured.
In October of 2015, Any Old Iron moved it store to Nashville Tennessee. Exploring to dress like musicians and fashion forward locals, AOI is the perfect place to visit then.
Social Media Accounts:
- Twitter: (https://twitter.com/anyoldironusa)
- Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/andrew.clancey#!/pages/Any-Old-Iron/191110994266946)
- Pinterest: (https://www.pinterest.com/anyoldiron/)
- Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/anyoldiron/)
- Tumblr: (http://any-old-iron.tumblr.com)
1. Hello, can you give me a little bit of background about your apparel line?
2. How did you decide on the name “Any Old Iron,” and was there any other names that you were thinking about?
3. Where do you see your company in the next 5 to 10 years?
4. What are a few accomplishments that you are most proud about so far for “Any Old Iron?”
5. Have any famous people worn any of your items?
6. Is there anything new coming up with your company for the rest of 2018?
7. What was the first item you ever made for this company?
8. What advice would you give to an up and coming apparel company?
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?