Any Old Iron Clothing Store~ Bio/ Q&A!!
From across the pond and to the Lower Manhattan, a new music inspired fashion store “Any Old Iron” opened it doors in the L.E.S., New York 5 years ago. Any Old Iron concentrates in selling rare and UK-inspired menswear and womanswear. The bulk of the collections contained are high-class brands such as Bologaro Trevor, Vivienne Westwood, Religion, Tatty Devine and Jeffery West.
The store was created by designer/stylist, Andy Clancey (www.clangerstyle.com) and arts-entrepreneur, Christopher Melton. The store’s name comes from an olden cry of a scrap man who was collecting metal with his horse and cart, and also hearkens to Clancey’s family scrap metal business, which was founded in 1872. “Any Old Iron,” is also an Old English music hall song, the tune tells a story about a young man’s sartorial dandyism- a feature that is definitely English, and, ever-present in the shop’s design and the crowd of British designers featured.
In October of 2015, Any Old Iron moved it store to Nashville Tennessee. Exploring to dress like musicians and fashion forward locals, AOI is the perfect place to visit then.
Social Media Accounts:
- Twitter: (https://twitter.com/anyoldironusa)
- Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/andrew.clancey#!/pages/Any-Old-Iron/191110994266946)
- Pinterest: (https://www.pinterest.com/anyoldiron/)
- Instagram: (https://www.instagram.com/anyoldiron/)
- Tumblr: (http://any-old-iron.tumblr.com)
1. Hello, can you give me a little bit of background about your apparel line?
2. How did you decide on the name “Any Old Iron,” and was there any other names that you were thinking about?
3. Where do you see your company in the next 5 to 10 years?
4. What are a few accomplishments that you are most proud about so far for “Any Old Iron?”
5. Have any famous people worn any of your items?
6. Is there anything new coming up with your company for the rest of 2018?
7. What was the first item you ever made for this company?
8. What advice would you give to an up and coming apparel company?
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
Mitchell Trimmer~ “Q&A!”!!!
1. Hi Mitchell, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer/songwriter? I was an athlete in high school and got awarded Allstate in basketball and baseball. Then received a scholarship to play baseball in college. It was around this time that I started playing music. It quickly became my passion and I lost interest in pursuing sports.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and how did youk now you wanted a career in it? I have been a fan since I can remember. My father was a country music singer and passed down his love of music to my siblings and I. As far as I can remember my mother has been the song leader at church, playing guitar and writing gospel songs. So I would say that they both definitely had a hand in molding me to where I am today.
3. How did you come up with your name of latest EP “The Lepa Tapes” and what is your favorite song off the EP? It stands for Life Effects Pro Audio. It is the name of the production company in Allen, Oklahoma where we had recorded the EP. They still do live sound but the recording studio has been shut down. My favorite track off the EP is probably “Rolling Stone.”
4. Who are some of your musical icons? Waylon Jennings is close to the top. He is my fathers favorite. I also love Dwight Yoakham and Hal Ketchum. Grunge rock has also been a staple for me too. Stuff like Stone Temple Pilots and Alice In Chains. But my favorite over all songwriters are probably Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018? Our first full length record titled “Roots Run Deep” will be out this year and we are really, really looking forward to its release.
6. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years? Hopefully growing as a band, writing better songs and continuing this journey!
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why? Jason Isbell. I really admire his songwriting.
8. What is one of your favorite quotes? “If you always do what you always did, you’ll always get what you always got.” – Coach Tony Wellington.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Everyone go checkout our website www.mitchelltrimmerband.com Follow us on social media, listen to our EP and tell all your friends. Get out and support live music. Lastly, stay tuned for our album!