1. Hello Carly, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer/songwriter? I started writing songs in my head when I was 7, but didn’t pick up the guitar until I was 13. I started singing in a high school rock cover band and finally started to perform my original songs in front of an audience when I was 15.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it? When I was 17 I went to a Keith Urban show, which lead me into diving into listening to any sort of county available to me at the time on Cape Cod, MA.
3. Who are some of your musical icons? Keith Urban, Gavin DeGraw, McFly, Sting & The Police, Sheryl Crow, Carol King
4. What is the story behind your new single “Better Off At A Bar?” My friend Brett Gillan and I started this song of September 2017 after he overheard someone saying this at a bar. “Better Off At A Bar“ describes an inner conflict between vulnerability and dignity; knowing that the right decision is to move on from a relationship, but still holding onto hope.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
I’ll be releasing new music every 6-8 weeks for the rest of this year…the next single drops in July!
6. Where do you see your career in the next 5 to 10 years?I’ll be releasing new music every 6-8 weeks for the rest of this year…the next single drops in July!
In the next 5-10 years I’d love to be consistently writing music for my artist project as well as for other artists in Nashville and beyond. I’d love to be on a tour and/or headlining my own shows as well.
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why? Keith Urban because he inspired me to dive into country music and move to Nashville
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Better Off At A Bar MERCH (Shirts & Tank Tops) are coming very soon! The music video is also dropping next week! Stay tuned