- Hi Kelsey, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you became a country singer/songwriter?
Well, I am originally from Little Rock, AR. I come from a very large southern family.
- How did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it?
Although I mostly grew up listening to pop, I also grew up listening to Tim McGraw & Alison Krauss. One of my first favorite songs was “Don’t Take The Girl” and to this day I still melt over that storyline and the lyrics. The storytelling aspect is what made me fall in love with country music! I knew I wanted a career in country music when I was given the opportunity to write my very song with a little boy who just needed it and we wrote a song that truly healed him & made him feel less alone and that is what really made me realize that this is what I wanted to do with my life!
- Who are some of your musical icons?
Alison Krauss, Avril Lavigne, Tim Mcgraw, Rascal Flatts… to name a few. I have an eclectic group of musical icons but altogether what I love about each of them the most was their way to tell a story through their vocals, lyrics, & production! I think if my listeners are familiar with these artists they will be able to see a lot of their characteristics shine through in my music and I love that!
- What is the story behind your newest single “Little by Little?”
“Little By Little” is the story of two people in a relationship that want to go at two different paces but can find a middle ground that works for the both of them. I wanted it to be flirty but still be true to my story. Jesse Labelle & Erik DiNardo really helped me bring this story to life!
- Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
Hopefully A LOT of new music but definitely a lot of shows coming up that I’m excited about!
- If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why?
Rascal Flatts, I would love to collaborate to with them!
- Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
Hopefully touring, still making new music, maybe even a CMA in there!
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you” Marilyn Monroe”