1. Hi Sharon, can you tell me a little bit of background about your company “Buck Wild?” Buck Wild was started in 2010 because I had left nursing school and really needed something to do with my free time…I was LITERALLY going nuts! It was really only supposed to be a temporary thing and only to do a few local rodeos LOL.
2. How did you decide on the name “Buck Wild,” and was there any other names you were going to choose instead? My first choice of names was Buckaroo Wild. I always wanted a business name with Buckaroo in it as it was reminiscent of the California of years ago. But…there was a “conflict” with someone over my name choice so I quickly had to find another name. Iasked my daughters and they quickly came up with Buck Wild. PS…my husband hates it LOL!
3. Where do you see “Buck Wild,” in the next the 5 to 10 years? I would LOVE to be featured in Cowboys and Indians Magazine first off (so if you have any connections, that would be appreciated;) I would like to see my product in more high end stores such as Maverick’s Western Wear, Teskey’s, M.L. Leddy’s, Double D Ranchwear etc.
4. What are a few accomplishments that you are most proud about so far for your company? I have met some of the most AMAZING people through my line of work…Miss Rodeo America Katherine Merck, Kay Barkey with Western Horseman, just to name a few.
5. Has any celebrities worn any of your items? Some. I see lots of NFR qualifiers wearing my product while competing as well as The Junk Gypsy sisters. Most times they stay on the down low and I never know they purchased until I see it on TV.
6. What was the first item you ever made for “Buck Wild?” Wow..that’s a stretch of the mind….It was an Annie Oakley rag…very vintage inspired..a just stopped making it this year.
7. What is one of your favorite quotes? Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4 It hangs in my office as a constant reminder of who made it all happen.
8. Is there anything else new coming up for your company in 2018? I’ve recently began working with Ariat International. Now THAT”S exciting!
9. Is there anything else you would like share? I’m a 51 year old woman, married to my very first crush. We have 5 beautiful kids and 5 even more beautiful grandchildren. I live in Bakersfield, California. When asked how much longer I plan on making wild rags…I usually say “until my fingers stop working”