Ross Cooper is a special country singer/songwriter that has actually lived the life of a true cowboy. This former professional bareback rider was still riding broncos, while his music career started. When a knee injury stopped his rodeo career, Cooper focused his time on his music career.
His newest album, “I Rode The Wild Horses,” drives country music to it old-style roots and sound. This new album is available both on iTunes and Spotify. Cooper has a new Nashville sound that is a mixed up of radiance pedal steel, rock n’ roll telecaster riffs and beautiful harmonies. If you would like to find out more about Ross Cooper then check out his website https://www.ross-cooper.com.
Social Media Accounts:
KW: 2018 has definitely been my biggest year in terms of growth and maturity as an artist. Being on The Voice earlier this year gave me the opportunity to start the new chapter that I really needed creatively. I’ve been focusing a lot of my attention on putting out music that reflects who I truly am and who I want to be as an artist.
2. How did you come up with the name of your song “Unfixable?”
KW: I co-wrote “Unfixable” with my friend and producer Andrew Peebles. He came in with the idea of a relationship being unfixable and by the time we were done writing the song a couple hours later, I fell in love with it! I knew that I had to release this song!
3. What is the story behind your new song?
KW: “Unfixable” is about being in the situation where you know that you should not be in a relationship with this person, but you love them so much that you just can’t walk away. In this moment, you’re begging that person to hurt you so badly that you can finally walk away without feeling anything.
4. Is there something you wish your fans would take away from this song?
KW: One of the main things I want people to take away from this song is the powerful message behind it and how connected I am to it. I really feel like this song is a whole new side of me as an artist because it shows a more raw, vulnerable side of me that most people really don’t see very often. It touches on emotions that most of us don’t want to talk about.
5. Is there anything else coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
KW: Just travelling with my band playing as much as possible! And of course promoting “Unfixable!” As of right now there is nothing set in stone music wise, but there definitely may be some new music coming your way as the year progresses! J
6. Is there anything else you would like to share?
KW: Thank you so much for supporting and sharing my music!! You can check out “Unfixable” on iTunes and Spotify, and follow me on all social media.
1. Hello Carly, can you tell me a little bit about yourself before you became a country singer/songwriter? I started writing songs in my head when I was 7, but didn’t pick up the guitar until I was 13. I started singing in a high school rock cover band and finally started to perform my original songs in front of an audience when I was 15.
2. When did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it? When I was 17 I went to a Keith Urban show, which lead me into diving into listening to any sort of county available to me at the time on Cape Cod, MA.
3. Who are some of your musical icons? Keith Urban, Gavin DeGraw, McFly, Sting & The Police, Sheryl Crow, Carol King
4. What is the story behind your new single “Better Off At A Bar?” My friend Brett Gillan and I started this song of September 2017 after he overheard someone saying this at a bar. “Better Off At A Bar“ describes an inner conflict between vulnerability and dignity; knowing that the right decision is to move on from a relationship, but still holding onto hope.
5. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
I’ll be releasing new music every 6-8 weeks for the rest of this year…the next single drops in July!
6. Where do you see your career in the next 5 to 10 years?I’ll be releasing new music every 6-8 weeks for the rest of this year…the next single drops in July!
In the next 5-10 years I’d love to be consistently writing music for my artist project as well as for other artists in Nashville and beyond. I’d love to be on a tour and/or headlining my own shows as well.
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer or group who would it be and why? Keith Urban because he inspired me to dive into country music and move to Nashville
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
9. Is there anything else you would like to share? Better Off At A Bar MERCH (Shirts & Tank Tops) are coming very soon! The music video is also dropping next week! Stay tuned
At only 24 years old, Carly Tefft has made a name for herself in Nashville, TN. Tefft newest single “Better Off At A Bar,” came out on May 11, 2018 and is available on Spotify and iTunes. This singer/songwriter is from Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Tefft has got the chance to perform the National Anthem for the Red Sox, Bruins and Celtics. She is also known for her original song “Keep On Running,” this song is an inspirational compliment to persevering through hard times and disaster, especially to all those who had be impacted by the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. Tefft been invited to perform this song at the starting line of the Boston Marathon three years in a row and continues to give iTunes purchases of the song to the Mass Eye and Ear’s One Fund. “Keep on Running,” was also featured on Boston’s ABC news association, WCVB and CBS association, WBZ and as well as top radio stations like Kiss108, Country102.5 and Mix104’s.
In addition to writing her own songs and performing both in Nashville and also in the Northeast, Tefft is currently working as a songwriter, producer and mulit-instrumentalist in “Music City.” Her song “Good Bad Friends” was picked in the Top 40 out of 2,000 songs for 2016 NSAI Song Contest presented by CMT. The 2015 Berklee College of Music graduate was a nominee for Singer/Songwriter of the Year from the Limelight Magazine Awards. She has also got the chance to work alongside many well-known musicians such as Paula Cole and John Oates.
If you would like to find out more about Carly Tefft then check out her website http://www.carlytefft.com.
Social Media Accounts: