1. Hi JoLivi, can you tell me a little bit about yourself, before you became a country singer/songwriter?
I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN HAWAII AND THEN WENT TO COLLEGE AT COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY. I LIVED IN LOS ANGELES PERSUING MUSIC AND THEN MADE THE MOVE TO NASHVILLE ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO. 🙂
2. How did you become a fan of country music and when did you know you wanted a career in it?
I GREW UP LISTENING TO SUCH A WIDE VARIETY OF MUSIC, COUNTRY BEING ONE OF THEM. WHILE IN LA, MY MANAGER AND I WOULD LISTEN NON-STOP. I REALIZED THEN THAT I WANTED TO WRITE AND SING COUNTRY TUNES.
3. Who are some of your musical icons?
JAMES TAYLOR IS BY FAR MY TOP.. I LISTENED TO HIS MUSIC AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE AND I LOVE THE WAY HE TOLD HIS STORY THROUGH SONG. ALSO LOVE, BONNIE RAITT, SUSAN TEDESKI, DOLLY PARTON, SARA BAREILLES, PRINCE, MICHAEL JACKSON, AND SO MANY MORE.
4. What is the story behind your newest single “Vinyl?”
VINYL IS ABOUT EXPERIENCING MOMENTS THAT ARE CLASSIC AND UNFILTERED. I WANTED TO DO A SONG THAT WAS MORE JUST FUN AND GROOVY, INSTEAD OF A HEARTBREAK SONG.
5. Where do you see your music career in the next 5 to 10 years?
ALWAYS TOURING AND WRITING WITH DIFFERENT ARTISTS.. AND OF COURSE, CONSTANTLY GIVING FANS MUSIC THAT THEY CAN RELATE TO.
6. Is there anything new coming up with your music for the rest of 2018?
I’VE BEEN IN THE STUDIO WRITING AND WRITING AND WRITING, SO HOPEFULLY I’LL HAVE A FULL-LENGTH ALBUM COMING UP HERE VERY SOON.
7. If you could sing a duet with a famous singer/band, who would it be and why?
JAMES TAYLOR.. ALWAYS! I HAD THIS RECURRING DREAM WHEN I WAS YOUNGER THAT I WOULD BE AT A JT CONCERT AND HE WOULD INVITE ME UP ON STAGE TO SING HARMONIES FOR “CAROLINA IN MY MIND.’
8. What is one of your favorite quotes?
DOING WHAT YOU LIKE IS FREEDOM. LIKING WHAT YOU DO IS HAPPINESS.
9. Is there anything else you would like to share?
NEW MUSIC TO COME!!!!